Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several times I have been following the projected navigation route only to have it stop projecting the route when it comes to a lesser type road even tho there are roads between where the projection stops and the destination.
Was wondering if anyone else has noticed this and if there is some way to get the projected tracking to work on the little black roads?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by "projecting the route." If you mean it avoids certain roads when setting the route, you might check if you have entered any rules (such as no tolls, no freeways, etc).

If it sets a route and then does not follow it, that is something different. Can you be more specific?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I say projected route I am refering to the green line the program puts onto the map to show you which roads/streets to take to the destination you have setup. The green line will overlay most roads on the displayed map but there have been a couple times when you will come to the end of the green line and there is still a ways to go to get to your destination. When this has happened there are roads displayed, usually 2 lane country roads, that go from the end of the green line projection to your destination and you are on your own from that point to the destination.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Yours is green? Mine's blue.

Anyway, some private roads and some regions don't have enough navigation information. NAV lady should tell you that it can't continue turn-turn guidance and for you to use the onscreen map to guide yourself. I get that for streets around my house. i don't understand why, the streets are there, the names of the streets are there, and there's address information on those streets.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My mistake, my suggested route line is blue too.
I use another navigation program called CoPilot and it has the green tracking line. Sorry bout that.
Incidently, the CoPilot navigation program will track on the roads that the Prius navigation system will not track.
I wonder if there is anyone I could contact about the Prius Navigation problem?

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
What version of NAV DVD do you have? 4.2 is currently the latest, and if you have an earlier one, 4.2 might cover routing over the lesser roads better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts