Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Prius - two days ago I noticed it looked as though the navigation reset itself, and my settings/preferences were lost. I was no longer on Pacific time, the keyboard went back to the default keyboard, the previous locations list was empty. The memory locations were still there - I'm guessing those are stored in flash memory, and not vulnerable to whatever happened to the other settings.
I'm wondering if this is an indication of future problems to come, or just a one time thing? Anyone have an experience like this?
Michael
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No - there was nothing unusual going on - the car hasn't had any work on it; haven't run out of gas, and the hybrid batteries were at a reasonable level. Nothing done that would have caused a power loss
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,397 Posts
I had exactly the same thing happen to me in December. I sold the car in January so I don't know if any further problems developed with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,355 Posts
Did anything else reset, like the reverse beep or the radio presets?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hep said:
Did anything else reset, like the reverse beep or the radio presets?
Great question - Radio settings were unchanged - don't know where the reverse beep setting is on the car (2006 model).
Cabin clock was still set correctly. I thought it seemed like a glitch in the navs power, or reset line (if one exists)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,243 Posts
Michael_C said:
Hep said:
Did anything else reset, like the reverse beep or the radio presets?
Great question - Radio settings were unchanged - don't know where the reverse beep setting is on the car (2006 model).
Cabin clock was still set correctly. I thought it seemed like a glitch in the navs power, or reset line (if one exists)
Did you reset the nav system to your area and has that reset held?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,397 Posts
Maybe the nav system has a small battery (like a PC) that holds the settings when no power is supplied. I remember in the past I have turned a PC on only to find that the system date had been reset due to that. It did that intermittently until I replaced the battery. This sounds similar but I don't know it it works that way or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
firepa63 said:
Did you reset the nav system to your area and has that reset held?
I changed the settings back to my preferences/area, but haven't used the car since. I'll be going out this afternoon, and will see if they "stuck". It looks like the problem I saw hasn't happened too many on the forum, and not a lot of info on if it's a "sign" of more issues to come - judging from the responses to my posting

Michael
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
firepa63 said:
Michael_C said:
Hep said:
Did anything else reset, like the reverse beep or the radio presets?
Great question - Radio settings were unchanged - don't know where the reverse beep setting is on the car (2006 model).
Cabin clock was still set correctly. I thought it seemed like a glitch in the navs power, or reset line (if one exists)
Did you reset the nav system to your area and has that reset held?
Some of the settings had changed this afternoon, but not all. One setting that changed, controls what is displayed on the right hand side of the navigation screen. It now displays the next 3 exits (or so) instead of having the map full screen. Don't know where the preference is set/changed. Anyway, it's off to the dealership.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top