Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question concerning the navigation system. 2005 type with Blue Tooth and full map nav system.

In the user handbook all possible options are shown. This includes the Traffic Message Centre (TMC) option. This helps to avoid the traffic jams. Unfortunately this is not activated in the Dutch version. What I think is that there is a connection missing between the RDS and the nav-system. Is this a wired link or a software issue? Is there somewhere a solution available for that or a work around is also fine for me. Is there somewhere a hidden menu where I can activate this?

Also I am not sure where to place this question. :?: In the Q&A or the Technical forum.

Thanks for reading and appreciate support.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
There is a TRAF button on the radio with the RDS system. If a radio station is doing an RDS broadcast, and they broadcast the TRAF info, the Prius' radio will change station to the station supposedly broadcasting a traffic report.

Very rarely will this work in the US. Most often (particularly with Classic Prius), it'll just annoy you by resetting the radio station away from the last station that you listened to (and often to a station you really don't like).

There was some comments on the Prius_UK yahoogroup about other Toyotas having ETA (Electronic Traffic Avoidance) available to interface with the nav system, but I don't think that it is fittable on the Prius.

·
Registered
425 Posts
harry deeken said:
I have a question concerning the navigation system. 2005 type with Blue Tooth and full map nav system.

In the user handbook all possible options are shown. This includes the Traffic Message Centre (TMC) option. This helps to avoid the traffic jams. Unfortunately this is not activated in the Dutch version. What I think is that there is a connection missing between the RDS and the nav-system. Is this a wired link or a software issue? Is there somewhere a solution available for that or a work around is also fine for me. Is there somewhere a hidden menu where I can activate this?

Also I am not sure where to place this question. :?: In the Q&A or the Technical forum.

Thanks for reading and appreciate support.
I think the best place to ask this would be the EU forum at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Prius-Europe/

For what its worth, it doesnt work in Germany and there is no mention of it in the specs, just the handbook. I expect the option was never made available (except Japan?).

Btw, A reverse cam is now available as a DIY project. I have just had it fitted by the developer ijn France.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts