Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new Prius two weeks ago and still trying to figure out all the new bells & whistles. I’m a first generation owner, I’m enjoying all the new features and improvements of the second generation Prius.

I have turned “on” the voice guidance in all modes feature in the setup menu of the navigation system. For some reason when my audio system is on I’m unable to hear the voice guidance system. Toyota states "Voice Guidance in All Modes feature is turned on, you can hear the voice guidance in all modes. The Voice Guidance in All Modes should lower the audio system's volume when active”. My audio volume doesn’t lower at all. Has anyone else experiences this same problem? Does anyone’s audio volume lower when the voice guidance turned on? I’ve tried to trick the system and turn this feature off then back on but no change.

Susan

·
Registered
28 Posts
I experienced the same thing with mine (also 2 weeks old) - finally I just pressed the voice button on the steering wheel and said something like "POI Off" or "POI On" (I forget) just testing and it finally worked - come to think of it maybe it was "Guidance ON" - anyway I think it has something to do with pressing that button -

It's like learning a new software program - I guess when we've used it enough - we'll remember how we got to where!!

It's so fun to explore tho! Good Luck.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The audio system isn't actually "muted", but it does seem to reduce the ambient volume a bit - at least on the driver's side. I'll have to see if my wife notices the passenger side volume dropping while we're out this weekend.

Otherwise, there IS a separate menu screen:

Menu -> Volume: off, 1-7, [x] Adaptive Volume Control

·
Registered
425 Posts
SueWee said:
I have turned “on” the voice guidance in all modes feature in the setup menu of the navigation system. For some reason when my audio system is on I’m unable to hear the voice guidance system. .

Susan
Susan,

stupid question I guess, but did you set the announce level for the Navi. I dont have the book with me, but somewhere in the settings (for the navi) is a volume control that goes from mute (?) to about 7 and also includes the setting for speed dependant volume control.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts