Toyota Prius Forum banner

Navigation system accuracy ?

8K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Bill Merchant 
incorrect map data

Both Navteq and Tele Atlas (who bought GDT) have places on their web sites to correct map data. However, correcting the data means it will (maybe) get into some future revision of the nav database.

My Prius shows the street I live on continuing on to the north from my house, while, in fact, I am the northern most house on this section of my street. The road does start again, after several fields and woods.

I complained to Navteq and they politely informed me that their data was correct and gave me a URL to a map of my house showing the street as interrupted. I checked on the Tele Atlas site before complaining to them and their map is correct too, almost; they show the road continuing several feet beyond my house before stopping.

So both companies have correct mapping data for my house, but it isn't on my DVD. By the way, Tele Atlas charges $90,000 per year for the US map database. I guess we're driving real bargains...

The POI data comes from infoUSA for those of us in the USA, and their site provides no way of updating their information that I could find. They misspelled the name of one of my favorite restaurants, so I couldn't find it with the nav. Luckily, I remembered the way....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.