Toyota Prius Forum banner

Navigation system accuracy ?

8K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Bill Merchant 
When looking for coffee, did the POI's address match the house, or were you relying on Lat/long. position?

What some have theorized is that the map system has address ranges within certain points which could be miles apart, then if you are midpoint between the ranges, then the address should be exactly between the ranges, but in reality this is not the case. Map Info, an old map program I had access to in early 90's did this, but address ranges were between intersections.

I have ver 3.2 which is GDT data. Address enpoints at intersections has not been my experience. If it were true, it would not have me turn left when I should turn righ because of the address desired.

It did suprise me about one thing. At my friend's condo building, NAV lady says her building is no the left, but actually it is on the right. That is really unusual for the NAV system, it usually gets odds and evens right.

Just went on Navteq's website, they don't list Toyota as a vehicle manufacturer that they support, and you have to select one to give them an update.

How do you check if they have the current data if you can't see their maps?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.