Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Navigator System display does not turn to a "dark" screen in the evening when my headlights are turned on. I followed the prompts e.g. went to menu...setup...but there was no prompt to change the screen to dark during night driving! How do I get the screen to darken for night driving? B Blender

·
Registered
319 Posts
Are you sure you want to?

I couldn't read the map as easily with the colors reversed, and I find the light annoying enough to keep me from doing any napping while driving.

I believe it is a Setup menu item, so keep trying if you're sure...

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Blenderb said:
My Navigator System display does not turn to a "dark" screen in the evening when my headlights are turned on. I followed the prompts e.g. went to menu...setup...but there was no prompt to change the screen to dark during night driving! How do I get the screen to darken for night driving? B Blender
B, it's likely that you have the dimmer dial (on the left of the steering wheel) all the way up. If you dial it "down," it'll change when you turn on the headlights. If it's all the way up, then the screen and instrument panel (ok Hyperion, there are no instruments there, I know, I know!!) are always on "daytime" even if the lights are on.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Sanny said:
(ok Hyperion, there are no instruments there, I know, I know!!)
I put a harmonica up there.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
And if it doesn't change contrast when you have the dash in night mode, hit DISPLAY button, and check that Day Mode soft button is not highlighted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Night time navigation screen

To Sanny:
Eureka! The dimmer switch was all the way up and as soon as I lowered it just a little bit, the darkened screen appeared...just like magic!
If only all my queries could be solved so quickly and easily!
Thanks for the help!
Burton Blender (we're a 2-Prius family)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts