Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe you learned folks already know this but I just found out awhile ago. :D

If you touch (kind of lightly rub you finger :oops: ) your map screen to the left or right of center the map will move. If you first zoom out the you can move a greater amount. When you are near your destanation you can slowly zoom back in to pinpoint your search. Then if you find a place you want to go to you touch it there and a circle appears and you mark that point. Then you can be directed there. It will also tell you how many miles to your destination this way. We have done this sitting in the driveway and worked across VA, DC, MD and into Delaware.

Just thought I would pass this on in case someone didn't know it. :)

Jill

·
Registered
319 Posts
03Jill said:
It will also tell you how many miles to your destination this way.
It is a really cool feature, but this what you say above isn't exactly true. When it tells you the mile amount, it is "As the Bird Flys" meaning it is from A to B in a STRAIGHT line, not the roads to take there. Like, going up a windy road to the peak from the summit of a mountain, it might show 13 miles to the top, but since it is "As the Bird Flys" and not the real windy road, then it might be 30 miles.

-Brian

·
Registered
425 Posts
You can also program a destination by poking the screen on the map. "Sort of I want to go here".

Its in the handbook somewhere.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Yes, and you can "mark" / "enter" it and let the computer calculate a route. And it even works while you're flying down the interstate at unsafe speeds.... :shock:

Personally, I like it. But I do wonder how long it will take for an update to "fix" that most likely unintended "feature." :x

·
Registered
425 Posts
BIF said:
Yes, and you can "mark" / "enter" it and let the computer calculate a route. And it even works while you're flying down the interstate at unsafe speeds.... :shock:

Personally, I like it. But I do wonder how long it will take for an update to "fix" that most likely unintended "feature." :x
Either you were not replying to me, or the USA system is different from the EU one or we are talking about different things :lol:

I was refering to entering a destination address via pointing at the map, not entering a mark. On

http://www.prius-forum.org/Lib/Handbooks/Navi Manual/navsecii.pdf page 14 of 42 (Manual page 32 I think) is some info on what I mean, but not very clear.

The German book is a lot clearer and there is shows you can enter a destination using a single finger to point and prod the map. It looks cool. I will be having the dealers demo car over a weekend at the end of the month so I will try that out to be sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts