Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so anyone that has I believe otion package 5 (6?) and up has the nav system and can hopefully help out with this question I have.

What decides whether or not the nav system will do that last zoom session into thr 75ft mode? (This is the closest zoom in where the outlines of each and every building can be seen) I live in Long Beach, CA and the entire city is available for the 75ft zoom level (even shows the indent in the back of my apartment building for the stairwell, amazing!) but when I drove up to Seattle a couple months ago, no part of any city, including Seattle itself was available for that level of zoom. Also, the moment I leave Long Beach city limits it automatically bumps it up to the 150ft mode.

I don't think it can have to do with population. I'm sure Seattle has well over 1 million in its limits, and Long Beach only has about 700,000 or so. Can't have anything to do with Universities because Seattle is home of the main UW campus. I DO have my "go home" voice command programmed so it knows that I live in Long Beach. Does that matter?

Someone help! I want to understand this. If the cities are at random, it seems strange I've only found 1 city it works in...

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Maybe the makers of the DVD Navi disc didn't spend enough time in the Seatle regions but plenty in the LA-San Diego regions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
75ft mode...

The extra detail in the 75ft mode is mentioned on the NAV manual. I believe they only have that data for certain metro areas. Maybe there will be more areas in the next rev of the software/data...

--Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts