Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fleeing the Hurricane, we headed North.

Comming up I-75, news reports were showing heavy traffic, and 15mph average speeds.

Hit the nav, changed route preferences to "no freeways" and we did 60+ mph all the way from the GA border to Atlanta following the 'blue highways' Saw some awsome scenery on the way too.

We'll be taking the blue roads back to Jacksonville on the way home. ... All I can say is the system rocks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yea I love Nav. I wasn't going to buy anther car without it. Lexus has the best nav system made. OEM or Aftermarket. I haven't played with the one in the Prius so I don't know how it ranks but I hear its very similar the the Lexus one.

Is the Prius Nav Touch Screen?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I really like this NAV more than any other I have seen. My mom's Mercedes has a NAV in it and we both HATE it. Then the in my Prius just "rocks". :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Brian said:
I really like this NAV more than any other I have seen. My mom's Mercedes has a NAV in it and we both HATE it. Then the in my Prius just "rocks". :D
I've played with the MB Nav and your right, it sucks. My dads SL500 one was particularly bad. The very first day, while driving it off the lot and taking it home it glitch on us. We stopped at a light and I watched the car stop on the nav screen. We took off and the car moved but the map didn't. So it was as if we drove off screen. :roll:

It happened a few times when we had that car. It was also noticeably out of date. Our house and street were about a year old at the time and they still weren’t on the map. MB charges like 400$ to get the update on their nav system so we never got it. My dad later bought a Lexus GS430 and the nav system in that is amazing. Not only was our street in there but showed our correct address and was touch screen.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I don't have anything else to compare it to, but it HAS helped me plan more "efficient" trips than I would have made by myself - usually as a result of taking streets I wasn't previously aware of. :)

...of course, routing me torwards a street that doesn't exist (and never has) is always amusing. ;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I also enjoy piloting my car into the midst of vast "green areas" that are new subdivisions.

I see it as my spaceship exploring new space...

·
Registered
10 Posts
sorry to say ...but the prius NAV sux next to the one out of a Honda or Acura TSX ( which was my previous car) Put them side to side and all of the quirks like puctuation that the prius needs are not there. Also POI interests inf o is MUCH better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts