Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had some body work done on my Prius--a coyote jumped in front of the car on the freeway and took out the radiator. After the work was completed I discoverd that the navigation system has a problem. It correctly displays the current position of the car on the map, but cannot correctly find destinations by address or POI name. For example, I drove to the parking lot of a Safeway store, pressed the Dest button and had it find "Safeway". It found lots of Safeways, but the closest one was 2400 miles away! Is there some sort of fix or reset that I can perform on the navigation system, or do I need to take it to the dealer for repair?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Where Am I?

You didn't list your location, but it's likely the Region was changed in your Prius. I believe the number of regions (groups of states) in the current United States listing on the Nav system is 10, and Canada is a recently-added eleventh region.

As you have seen, the Nav system will still work, but details in your immediate area are lost. Accuracy is wonderful in the region to which your car is set (the one 2400 miles away).

To change the region (I checked the manual on this one), push your DEST button next to the Nav screen. On the Destination screen that appears, push the "Change" switch (box) that appears in the upper-left corner just above the map which has your current region shaded in.

Then US6 would work for my region, or US2 for CA/NV residents. This feature is useful if you are traveling to a different region and want more detail while there. Of course, you may not remember to change the region back when you go home, and that is how your symptoms became familiar to me. Hope this helps.

Sorry about your accident. You should know that if your car went "Beep Beep" before it hit the coyote, then the coyote is still alive and may strike again (j/k).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts