Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a procedure on Priuschat for defeating the greying out of nav items when moving.

go to the volume screen from menu (map)
tap top left (speaker), lower left, top left, lower left
on this screen touch and hold for several seconds the override button
after the beep you can then input while in motion.

Note: this must be repeated every time you power up...it does work after performing it this morning! :D

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
markincolorado said:
Saw a procedure on Priuschat for defeating the greying out of nav items when moving.

go to the volume screen from menu (map)
tap top left (speaker), lower left, top left, lower left
on this screen touch and hold for several seconds the override button
after the beep you can then input while in motion.

Note: this must be repeated every time you power up...it does work after performing it this morning! :D
:!:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Just took the stairs 3 at a time to see if it works... I got to the menu, heard the beep...

Does this work after the car is in motion?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Supposedly works with car in motion though with a lower success rate. I don't think enough people have tried it to get a concensus.

·
Registered
319 Posts
When I tried it today, I held the Override button until it beeped, but when I did it while moving the override didn't always kick in after the beep. The button needs to turn black, and for some reason it didn't a few times.

So I'd suggest confirming by the button changing color rather than just hearing a beep...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
KTPhil said:
Speaking of PriusChat... it's down again, sigh...
It was down for a while, it's back up, but acting funny...I keep having to hit reload to see pages, but then they show up fine. :?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I tried this procedure after powering up to Ready Mode. Everything worked and the screen appeared with the OVERRIDE button. Held it for a couple of seconds and got the beep. I then pressed the back button and returned to the Map mode. Once the car was in motion, I was able to pull up the Dest. Screen with full functionality of every button. I tried entering several destinations - while in motion - and everything worked as if I were parked.

Wow, just what I've always wanted. Is this too good to be true or is there a hidden catch?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
cha95sim said:
Wow, just what I've always wanted. Is this too good to be true or is there a hidden catch?
It draws power continuously from the HV battery so your MPG will drop by 20mpg! :wink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I thought I'd throw it out there, so no one gets too adventurous. In the original Lexus forums where this was posted, someone wrote that it was the screen for engineering purpose, and by playing around, you could seriously screw up things. Take the warning however you want, but I'm sticking to the override and that's it.

"I'm not sure how you came accross this information E55_POWER, but this screen was one of the diagnostic screens that are only supposed to be used by engineering and development side.

Now that the cat's out of the bag, though, I have to warn you guys that some of these functions can seriously mess up your nav. system (especially Loading, Error Log and Tel Voice) if you press the wrong buttons."

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Yup, it works, and yes, you do have to hit BACK before you can press OK to finish the process. Also, you must be quick or it times out.

If a combination of buttom presses can damage the car, it is Toyota's responsibility to prevent it. Since they didn't (and certainly could have if they chose to), I doubt any damage occurs. I will not tempt fate, however, by "trying" other buttons!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I hit a few just to see what they did... My car still runs fine, but their's dirt on the rear bumper.

Now all we need is a mario-4-step for the telephone screen.

·
Registered
319 Posts
melgish said:
Now all we need is a mario-4-step for the telephone screen.
Stuff like this gets put in when the programmer has a need. If the programmer didn't have a Bluetooth phone, there was no need...

·
Registered
669 Posts
This board is worth every penny I spend on it! :wink:

I love you all!!!!!!!

Now I just need a road trip so my passenger can try it out!

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
My video game paying daughter was duly impressed that Dad's awesomely cool car has hidden screens like her games.

Now I'll have to hide the fob, or she'll run the battery down sneaking out at night to search for more screens!

I wonder of there is a cheat code to bump up your MPG to impress friends? The possibilities are endless...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Rats!............. I tried it out and it worked great and then I saw the other buttons. The one marked GPS, so I pressed it. Wow……. A screen came up with all letters and numbers across the top and when I saw ELV, my first thoughts were; “It has Elevation!” and the numbers were close to the elevation of where I was (We are about 60’ above sea level.)
But alas, when I asked a friend who is in the Guards, he said it wasn’t. The first set of numbers is the satellite number, the vertical angle to the satellite, the bearing to the satellite, the linear variance and whether it is military or personal data.
So don’t get your hopes up the it can read altitude, but maybe, just maybe there might be another cheat that allows it.

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
Woo-hoo!

Methinks Coastal Dave better start fulfilling all those Nav Enhancement Kit pre-orders before people (such as myself) cancel. heh.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Diana_04Prius said:
Rats!.............
I bet I can tell you exactly where that picture was taken

·
Registered
669 Posts
melgish said:
Diana_04Prius said:
Rats!.............
I bet I can tell you exactly where that picture was taken
:) Me too!

Gee, I looked at it and for a long time couldn't figure out what was confusing, it looked just like a list of azimuth and elevation angles to satellites to me! :wink:

However, down below, what is the first number (1.8) before the latitude and longitude?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts