Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy a package 6. I like the idea of a nav system. My wife LOVES the idea because she claims I get lost and won't ask for directions. (I believe in the circle around until you find it method.) But I can't find any information on how the nav system works, features, etc. The Toyota site isn't very specific. The dealers don't have any information. I have a friend that has a Prius but not a nav system.

Can anyone direct me to a source to help me understand the capabilities of the system?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does the Prius NAV system have the POI and quick routes, etc also? What is different about the Lexus's and the Prius's?

·
Registered
610 Posts
:) BobR's suggestion is excellent. I found the Lexus online DVD very helpful in understanding the Prius NAV system even before having the Prius. The Lexus and Prius NAV systems are identical except for placement of the dash buttons.

This link works better if you have a high-speed connection DSL or Cable.

http://www.lexus.com/models/es/interior.html#dvd

An added observation: The voice-actuated commands are sometimes quite humorous, eliciting responses totally unrelated to your verbal request - like, I will say "Go Home" and the Nav will respond something like: "Showing PostOffice Icons." This FEATURE of the NAV system inspired the name "Ernestine" for my Prius, honoring Lili Tomlin's telephone operator character. when I get strange responses, I consider it entertainment rather than irritating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts