Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a letter from Toyota for late 2004 and early 2005 models saying the NAV syst needed to be updated. My local dealer could order the DVD and install anytime in 2005. I ordered in Jan, checked back, still not in as of June. In Davis, it wasn't a big deal b/c I wasn't having NAV problems.
In Seattle, I've had terrible problems trying to program in addresses. 2121 8th Ave, Toyota of Seattle, unheard of.
So Seattle said sure we'll order the DVD, it takes a week. 3 wks later, no luck. They said Toyota won't ship them new DVDs until their outstanding customers come in and finish their updates. If this is true, I wish Davis had told me what was up.
So I'm stuck again. Seattle said call Toyota and start a case. I did. Thought I'd post this just in case anyone else is waiting patiently. :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
upgrade finally came through, but it took starting a complaint w/ Toyota central. 3 wks later, I'm updated and able to enter Seattle addresses.

G

·
That is so weird how every dealer is different. I brought my car in for some updates and they looked up my VIN and said I needed the NAV update. I had the letter but was going to wait until the end of the year. I guess I should be happy with 4.2. Not even sure if that is the latest one. I am lucky as I did not have NAV problems here in the NE.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts