Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one else find it strange that when you do the Nav overide thingy, you don't get full phone functionality? Like you can't dial from the screen? I find that idea to be safer when driving rather than try to dial my actual phone.

Or is there another super secret overide out there for the phone?

Spike

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Spike said:
Any one else find it strange that when you do the Nav overide thingy, you don't get full phone functionality? Like you can't dial from the screen? I find that idea to be safer when driving rather than try to dial my actual phone.

Or is there another super secret overide out there for the phone?

Spike
There are seperate speed sensor wires/set ups for the NAV and for the MFD functions including the BT phone.

There are several means of overriding the speed sensor for the BT phone and they are well described in several threads on PriusChat.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhh, don't belong to Prius chat, care to share?

We talking wiring stuff? or the simple, if tedious, buttons you push to over ride the nav?

Spike

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Spike said:
Ahhh, don't belong to Prius chat, care to share?

We talking wiring stuff? or the simple, if tedious, buttons you push to over ride the nav?

Spike
It can be pretty simple.
Behind the vent cover to the right of the MFD there is an ECU with several wires. 2 of which are the purple speed sensor. One is for the NAV the other is for the MFD.

By selecting the one you want you can install a simple on/off switch which will allow you to interupt the speed sensor signal to the MFD simulating being stopped and that will allow you full access to all phone features just as if you were stopped.

The downside of this, and why you won't want to just cut the wire permanantly, is that 1)the wheels don't turn on the car on the Energy screen display and 2)The 5 minute bars won't display on the Consumption screen.

I have a more complex set up. Someone at PC built me a circuit that allows me to use the buttons on the steering wheel. When I click the "off hook" button the speed sensor wire is disabled and I go directly to the phone screen on the MFD and have full access. When I hit the 'on hook' it hangs up the phone and closes the circuit to reenable the speed sensor wire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts