Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my Prius two weeks ago and am still learning about all its features. The Navigation system is always entered via a Caution
screen that always puts up a warning and forces me to click on "I Agree" before continuing.

Is there anyway to turn that off?

·
Registered
13 Posts
That link no longer works. Does anyone have another way to get the kit to disable the "I Agree" screen?

·
Registered
669 Posts
I'd also suggest doing a search on this site for that topic. Lots of discussion and some things to think about (e.g., the possible effect on warranty.)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Possible effects on warranty are always wise to consider, but I personally regard this mod as one of the more innocuous, simply because it sounds like this one is so much easier to install and remove than others.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Thomme said:
Possible effects on warranty are always wise to consider, but I personally regard this mod as one of the more innocuous, simply because it sounds like this one is so much easier to install and remove than others.
Unless you are in an accident and thought to sue Toyota for putting a NAV there to distract you. But wait - you disabled the safety feature. Instead, the other driver sues YOU for being stupid. oh well. But the other driver was going to sue you anyway, now just has more ammo for the settlement.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Well, thank you, Mr. Voice of Doom. sheesh.

And I'll have you know I can be stupid WITHOUT Toyota's assistance!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Thomme said:
...And I'll have you know I can be stupid WITHOUT Toyota's assistance!
Now that's a comfort! ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok, I just ordered a kit. I hope it comes faster than the web site indicates. It sounds like it might take a long time to ship!

Does anyone know of a fix so that outgoing phone calls can be made using the Bluetoth interface?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
John Baker said:
Ok, I just ordered a kit. I hope it comes faster than the web site indicates. It sounds like it might take a long time to ship!

Does anyone know of a fix so that outgoing phone calls can be made using the Bluetoth interface?
Do NOT hold your breath. Many of us ordered this product more than 8 weeks ago and noone's received on yet....and we are supposed to be in the 'early order' group. Note that the site says it'll be at least 90 days after the first order before the next group gets any... :cry: But, who knows, maybe he'll have a huge order and we'll all get one next week....maybe :roll:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
John Baker said:
There are a number of options to make that work. I'm not going to detail the entire proceedure here. If you're willing to do a little 'dirty work' behind the dash the simplest solution is to cut the purple speed sensor wire behind the vent on the passenger side right next to the MFD and add a simple single pole switch.

There are some fancier solutions also available that involve creating a circuit that allows you to just use the buttons on the steering wheel...this is what I have (was fortunate that someone built the circuit for me).

All these solutions are available under 1 or 2 threads over on PriusChat if/when you're ready to 'start modding'! :p

·
Registered
101 Posts
My kits came with great swiftness! So easy to install that even a farsighted man with arthritis (and carpal tunnel) can install it. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts