Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started with about 80 miles already into the tank of gas with an average of about 48 mpg in Virginia. Arrived in NYC with a total average of 55.3. Spent over 20 mins with 4 bars at the max on the graph that shows 5 min mpg because of very slow traffic. That graph looked awesome. My first gas tank bar on the full tank did not move until I had 150 miles, half a tank came at 308. I have about 450 miles with 3 bars still showing. I did my best to get good mpg but this is really my first drive so I am a rank amateur.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Trip to Pinetop

thanks Funpilot, and here's my trip report...

Just returned from four days at Pinetop Arizona (elevation: 7200 ft). We had very strong headwinds going up and got only 42mpg. Around the Pinetop area, at very high mountain altitudes, we got 48+. Going home to Albuquerque we got 51.

Mileage gets better and better with each fill up. I'm now at 1730 miles on the odometer.

Handling in the wind was good for the height light weight of the car. No problem packing in hiking gear, food and other stuff. Pick up passing on mountain roads proved excellent in spite of what the auto writers worried over. Going up into the White Mountains I set the cruise at 70 and it just tooled up over 9K feet without a problem.

(on another thread- nothing from Toyota yet about the paint chipping off the Park button.)

Love this car,

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paint chipping?

Paint chipping is a new one for me. Where did you hear about it and what is being said?

·
Registered
7 Posts
So after one week of ownership the white paint around the "P" on the park button starts chipping off. I wrote Toyota andtoday they emailed back saying a representative would call me tomorrow. They seem concerned.

I will let you all know what they have to say.

Anybody out there having the same problem?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Plastic P parking label is chipping on my Prius too

I love my car but the clear plastic "P" on the park button is a little cheesy. Mine is chipping away also. Lets us know what you hear from Toyota.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Hotrod,
pull off the cheap plastic "P", there's a nice looking painted one underneath.
--evan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts