Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a little over 2500km for a little under $100 at around 90cents a litter
a savings of about $115 over my 94 corolla (and i would almost be due for an oil change)
current tank is at 450km @ 4.2 L/100km (56mpg)

the thing that really impresses me is how cool
the car is after i finish work (350-500 km/day)
i drive non-stop all day long and both my corolla
and my mazda 5 use to smell like they were on fire after work.
i would often stop by the car wash and the brake pads
would smoke as the water hit them and the heat comming
from the engine would make it almost impossible to open the hood.
my diving habit has changed a lot but not that much.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I am discovering new things all the time. My most recent discovery has to do with the return of rain to the Pacific Northwest. The rain does not hit the rear window very much when the car is moving at even moderate speeds. At a stop you need the wiper but in motion very little rain hits the window. We do not get the downpours seen in other areas.

·
Registered
623 Posts
The friction brakes on the Prius just don't get very much use at all. Assuming you don't slam on them, they are only used below 8 mph. And where other engines overheat as they sit and idle in traffic, the Prius' engine runs at proper operating speed, or shuts off.

Cool car, in more sense than one!

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Danial, how do you know what rpm the engine is turning and have you installed the engine operating light modification so that you really know when engine is running? Also, how do you know the engine is operating at the correct temperature? My manual says that when the red light comes on the engine has overheated! I wonder if that red light comes on before the steam comes out from under the hood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts