Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I have owned a Rav4 for a total of 6 years. The first 4 years the car looked as good as new. In the final 1.5 years, I noticed some paint and body problems that caused me problems. So I have developed a wish list for my new Prius. I realize I won't get everything, but here it goes. (Whats up with that Rav4 armrest? Who designed that...Tonka? I had to replace it 2 times since 98!) Toyota, if you need a common sense liason, call me. Ok, here we go.

1)3M Scotch Guard Paint Protection. (Paint flecks are evil. Is it practicle to do the whole body?)
2)Tires that handle well in snow and rain. (My 4x4 handled beautifully in the snow and I would hate to start slipping and sliding again, like in the days of yore.)
3)A moonroof (Not likely. I realize Toyo probably did this for mpg, but boy will I miss the air in my hair.)
4)Door Guards. I was upset by my 98 Rav getting slapped by lesser cars while parked. I would like to prevent this in my new ride, but I find most door guards cheapen the sleek look of the Prius. I am not wild about the styling of the new Rav4. They look like sneakers don't they? When I sat in it, it felt like I was sitting in a very comfortable sneaker....not my idea of trendy or classy. I digress. The new Rav4 bumper guard material and placement was a stroke of genius...no....common sense among the engineers at toyota. How about the same material on the doors of the new Prius? Maybe in the SAME color as the car? (that way the Prius won't look like a sneaker)
5)Side graphics....who knows. After spending a weekend removing the side graphics off of my Rav4. I dicided NEVER AGAIN. But now that I have the Prius bug, I am thinking, maybe a pinstripe would look good.
6)An inexpensive DVD hack, to watch DVDs on the dash.
7)An iPod libary navigation. Picture this. Slipping your iPod into the dash they way one does with the key. It can charge while it's in the slot! You can shuffle your playlist via the nav screen. (Just send the residual checks to me)

I have never had a conservative bone in my body, I'm an artistic type. I think Toyota has really done a disservice to creative/rustic/nature lovin' types by discontinuing the RavEV model. That would have made a cool hybrid.

It would be nice if the Prius had the rugged good looks of a Rav4...but that's my opinion only. Looking at pictures of my stylish yet bland looking Black Prius, I am wondering how I am going to "pimp it out" without sacrificing it's minimalist geek chic or it's great gas mileage.

It will be a challenge, but I think with the help of Priusonline I stand a chance.

·
Registered
425 Posts
slumbum said:
7)An iPod libary navigation. Picture this. Slipping your iPod into the dash they way one does with the key. It can charge while it's in the slot! You can shuffle your playlist via the nav screen.
Yes that would be nice.

slumbum said:
It would be nice if the Prius had the rugged good looks of a Rav4...
But then it would be a RAV4 not a Prius.

Different cars for different targets. If you want/need a hybrid SUV, then look at the Lexus! (Or the Ford thing if you are in the USA).

·
Registered
623 Posts
slumbum said:
1)3M Scotch Guard Paint Protection.
2)Tires that handle well in snow and rain.
3)A moonroof
4)Door Guards.
5)Side graphics....
6)An inexpensive DVD hack, to watch DVDs on the dash.
7)An iPod libary navigation.
It would be nice if the Prius had the rugged good looks of a Rav4..
1. Don't know.
2. The OEM tires are not bad at all. John1701a likes the Michelin Hydroedge, which reportedly handle very well in rain. I don't think anyone's had them on a Prius in the snow yet.
3. Aerodynamics. You could have one installed, but it might play havoc with your highway mileage.
4. I agree 100%. There are aftermarket ones. But I'm not sure I want to mess with mine.
5. Get out your paintbrush!
6. Not all that inexpensive, but Costal Tech will have one available "soon." But if you're going to watch DVD's while driving, and if I was the Law, I'd toss you in jail. (But I'm sure nobody on this board would be so reckless as to do that.)
7. No opinion. I don't have an ipod. A few CDs and North Dakota Public Radio do me just fine.
[unnumbered] I think the Rav4 looks ugly. Just my opinion. And as Victor says, you can always wait just a little while and get the hybrid Lexus SUV.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts