Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I waited over a year to buy my Prius because I was unable to find one at a dealer to test drive. Early this summer I found two sitting unsold at different dealers and gave them each a good drive. To get the desired package and color I ordered in late June, waited 3 weeks for delivery in mid-July (paid full sticker).

I purchased pkg 6 to get the full compliment of safety features plus premium audio. NAV was a plus but has turned out to be helpful.

I just completed a ten hour trip that included highway, secondary, country and dirt roads over hilly terrain and several long hill climbs, rain and mud, 90+ degree heat. The car performed very well under all these conditions and got over 50 mpg to boot. I commute 100 miles/day and in my first 4 weeks of Prius ownership I am fully satisfied.

A couple of tips: 1. you will learn what you need to know about Prius on line, the people at the dealers (I visited three) don't seem to know much beyond how to calculate their commissions, 2. don't buy an extended warranty (even if they tell you that you can get a special deal only when you buy the car), you can buy this if you want anytime in the 3 year warranty period and it will be cheaper later.

·
Registered
298 Posts
2. don't buy an extended warranty (even if they tell you that you can get a special deal only when you buy the car), you can buy this if you want anytime in the 3 year warranty period and it will be cheaper later.
I wish you'd posted this before I bought mine. :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts