Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting excited. I was told my Driftwood pearl Prius Package 9 is going to be here in about 2 weeks. I just wish I was able to see a Driftwood in person beforehand. My first choice was silver.

Does anyone know where i can find some pictures that accurately represent the driftwood color? It looks completely different in every picture i've found. sometimes it looks gold others bronze and sometimes even light brown depending on the picture. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
:D
My "GOLDIE" is waiting for me on Oahu and will be sent to me next week!!!! We can compare colors and happiness!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
edge2276 said:
I'm getting excited. I was told my Driftwood pearl Prius Package 9 is going to be here in about 2 weeks. I just wish I was able to see a Driftwood in person beforehand.
If you would mention where you live, perhaps someone with a Driftwood Pearl (like me :)) would agree to meet with you so you can see the color firsthand.

I don't regret at all going with my color choice at all!

Louie

·
Registered
363 Posts
edge2276 said:
Does anyone know where i can find some pictures that accurately represent the driftwood color? It looks completely different in every picture i've found. sometimes it looks gold others bronze and sometimes even light brown depending on the picture. Thanks.
I call it gold. That is what it looks like to me. Someone down the street from me has one in that color.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes - we need pictures! I wonder why more people haven't posted their pics in the galleries on this board? I'm also waiting for a Prius, in a different color (Tideland Pearl) but have yet to see it in person...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Light changes the color

The paint can look different when the light changes during the day and evening. It could be all those colors at different times.

I am getting a Salsa Red. Hopefully in Dec. a year after I ordered it. I saw one last week. I would prefer to have a gray/black interior. But that is not a choice.

My sales person suggested I get it in silver or chile and paint it. No, I'm not doing that.

·
Registered
261 Posts
MarkP said:
Yes - we need pictures! I wonder why more people haven't posted their pics in the galleries on this board?
Because I was too busy (oops, I meant lazy) to figure out how to do it...but have now posted a pic (general category) of my dad and I with our prii. driftwood and silver 2004's.

rob

·
Registered
133 Posts
Driftwood Pearl

I rented a Driftwood Pearl before placing an order for a Silver. Later I changed my mind and ended up purchasing the Driftwood.

I love this color!! Then I tinted the windows and I love the look even more. It looks SHARP!!!!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
MarkP said:
Yes - we need pictures! I wonder why more people haven't posted their pics in the galleries on this board? I'm also waiting for a Prius, in a different color (Tideland Pearl) but have yet to see it in person...
Had never noticed there was an album :oops: so I have now uploaded a few pics of our Artic Blue Executive (8S2 arctisblau mica metallic) for your ammusment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all for the input. I was also wondering if anyone could let me know how difficult it is to keep the tan interior clean? especially with New York winters. The main reason silver was my first choice was for the grey interior. Thanks again.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Clean interior

Immediately after returning home with my new Prius I went to the local drug store and purchased 2 cans of Scotchgard. I sprayed every inch of the carpets, floor mats, seats, arm rests...anything that was a cloth material.

It won't keep it clean but it will keep the dirt from setting in and of course when it does get dirty it will be much easier to clean.

I also bought clear floor mats to go over the top of the "Prius" floor mats for winter. I live in Southern California and I don't have to worry about snow, salt etc. (I use to live in Illinois so I know how harsh winters are on cars) but even with the rain, mud etc. I thought it would be best to put in the additional floor mats. You may want to take out the Prius floor mats for extra protection.

Don't forget to wax her good before winter sets in (I use Meguiar's Gold Class and I also use Meguiar's Quick Detailer spray between waxes).

Winter is hard on the exterior. A wax job a month will really help keep it looking good (I don't sell Meguiar's, I just use it).

·
Registered
363 Posts
edge2276 said:
Thank you all for the input. I was also wondering if anyone could let me know how difficult it is to keep the tan interior clean? especially with New York winters. The main reason silver was my first choice was for the grey interior. Thanks again.
You might consider seat covers
http://www.gtcovers.comhas covers specifically for the Prius, $130 a seat row and they include the center console.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts