Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my car today. A full 3 weeks before the end of July date given to me. YES! Dennis Chinault at Rosner Toyota, Fredricksberg, VA (another little plug) said they got 2 trucks in today. That the more they sell, the more they get. I guess so. I can't believe I got it so soon. Any of you on looong waiting lists should give him a call.

I drove from Frederickberg to Woodbridge, and averaged 52.2 MPH.

I love the Driftwood Pearl color. It looks so classy. A light tint on the windows might be nice.

The voice commands are so cool. I guess I have a voice that she does not have problems with cuz she did everything I asked if it was in her "power". You all know about the Prius.com site with all the commands?

Boy I see what you folks are talking about with the fabric in the interior. I can see where the console will get very dirty. Do you think Scotchguard will help?

Just wanted to share my joy with you.

Oh Happy Me, Jill

G

·
Console

I have the gray fabric and it shows no sign of wear after 13k miles. I didn't even have to clean it yet! The fabric is called Alacantra (sp). There is a PDF out there on how to care for it. If I had to choose between this and leather, I'd nix the leather (HATE IT). Way too hot in the summer and WAY too cold in the winter.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I have to disagree about the leather. My Corvette had black leather, and although it could be quite hot when you first got into the car, it usually cooled of quickly, and I found it to be very nice year round.

Having said that, so far, I like the non-leather grey/burgundy interior of my Prius.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Jill,

I'm glad you didn't have any problems with Dennis at Rosner and that you got your car. I ordered 1 from him a few weeks ago and was told 8 weeks which puts it into mid to late August.

8 weeks beats the 6-12 months that I am hearing from the Texas dealers.

Were you charged MSRP?

Thanks

Ryan

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ryan,

I paid 26,376 which which included the floor mats, first aid kit and cargo net. I think this is very close to MSRP. Dennis did call and tell me what the extra charges would be for the extras beforehand so I could decide to purchase or not. I was going to get the floor mats and cargo net anyway and although we have not had to use it, the first aid kit is nice to have in the 2003 Prius. I understand some salespeople are waiting until the person gets in to perchase before they are told of the extras. I don't believe Dennis will do that. He was a very professional and pleasant young man to work with.

Have you investegated the extended warranty yet? We have up to 7 days to purchase it at the new car rate and can not decide what to do. I understand it can be quite expensive to repair these cars. I think we will go in and purchase it for the 2003 car as it is getting close to 36000 miles. They also try to sell a paint, interior and stuff package but my husband Bill said no to that. I kind of would have liked that as I am lazy and don't want to be polishing my car all the time, but want it to look good. Boy does it look good now. I love my car and the color is very nice. What color are you going for? Are you getting a pkg 9? If so, you will love the voice activated systems.

By the way, it took me only 5 weeks from getting on the list to getting my car! I hope yours comes in as fast.

Loving my DWP #9

Jill

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks Jill for the update!

Yes I am going all the way for a package #9 too. For colors Silver is my first choice and then black or blue. I'm out of state and emailed Dennis to see if I can fly in and catch a ride to the dealership. He said no problem. He seems like a nice guy and I'm glad you had such a great experience.

Ryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts