Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a brand new car for my wife, 2001 Ford expedition, after a year my wife start telling me that the car occasionally at a stop sign or at a red traffic light, it lurches forward, even though she has her brakes completely pressed all the way down to the floor, first I thought that she might be crazy or may be she doesn't press at the brake hard enough, so I took the car and drove it myself for about two months and sure enough it did the same thing as my wife described it, I took to the dealer more than four times and always the answer was nothing wrong with the car, so I decided to take it to another dealer and the answer was that there is a computer syncrage problem and it was repaired, I took the car home and I drove it for a bout a week and the car is fine, yesterday I went to Albertson and I came home as I stopped near my garage with my foot on the brake very hard, guess what? It almost went into my garage but thank God that the Garage door was open other wise I would have the whole garage and the house on top of my head.
DO NOT BUY FORD EXPEDITION???? OR MABE MY CAR IS ALEMON????
Please help.

Sam

·
Registered
112 Posts
It might be a lemon.. or.. however the proper spelling of it is. Ford Expeditions are actualy really good.. if you don't mind guzzing gas... but if you need the space.. you need the space.

your problem might be air in the brakelines... if it does this again.. pump the brakes.. it will override the ABS system and lock them up.. this should stop you.. if it doesn't, you have air in the lines. Have a mechanic check the brakelines. Or, have them bleed the brakes. You might want to have your ABS system checked too. Brakes are fairly simple. .. then again.. most things are when you know enough about them.

Please be careful... and the best of luck to you. hope it all works out fine.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
My previous car did that after a transmission repair (which required that the entire engine block be taken out to get at the stupid $7 leaky seal... all labor costs for that job...) Anyhow, one of the engine block bolts wasn't tied down completely, so the engine itself would slide forward at a stop, causing the car (Mercury Mystique, aka Mystake) to lurch forward. It was an easy fix to just tighten the bolt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts