Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call from one of the dealerships I put my name in and they called and said my car, Driftwood pearl #9 will be here the end of July. It is leaving Japan, I think. Any way, I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. I have been on their list only since the middle of May. That is pretty good, right? The dealership is Rosner Toyota in Fredricksburg VA and my salesmans name is Dennis. I would say they did a very good job!

So Happy Jill

·
Registered
150 Posts
Be sure and cancel any other orders that you may of have placed at other dealerships. This means that some one else will not to have to wait longer for thier car to come in.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did cancel all orders not only so others will get their cars, but because I want the credits to my credit cards. Two of the dealers charged my account already and the one that got my car has not even deposited my check. The dealer in Cheyenne was not even going to charge us a deposit until we were # 5 on the list. I wonder if now that the gas prices have gone down it will be easier for folks who want a Prius to get one?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Since the wait time is so long. It would be wise if dealerships would check with customers every 3 or 4 months to see if they still want the car. Thier is a given percentage of people who simple give up after a while. And forget to tell the dealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Prius Ordering

My name is Dennis C. with Rosner Auto Group of Fredericksburg, Va. I work for a dealership who normally has about an 8 week turn around at this point on Prius orders provided you oder the Prius we get the most sent to us. I took an order just a couple of days ago from a young lady in FL for a Prius due to this web page ( Thank You Jill03 for the referal) I am more then willing to order a Prius for Customers that are out of state and we will get you a vehichel as soon as we possibly can hopefully in our average 8 week turn around. NEITHER MYSELF NOR MY DEALERSHIP ADD ANYTHING TO THE PRIUS IN THE TERMS OF $$ WE ONLY CHARGE THE M.S.R.P. I would be willing to order anyone a Prius we can arrage shiping if need be however we would prefer to have the cust pick it to make sure of 100% satisfaction. If you have any questions for me reguarding ordering a Prius. You can reach me at (540)898-7900 just ask for Dennis C ( there are two Dennis' one in new car department and one in the used car department ) our business hours are 9-9 Monday thru Friday and 9-6 on Saturday. If for some reason I am unavailable I do have voicemail I will return your message A.S.A.P.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your welcome, Dennis. Good dealerships and good salespeople deserve to get recognision. All but one of the dealerships that I was working with seemed very responsive to my needs. Unfortunately, the dealership closest to me was just plain pushy and rude. I understand that they would be disappointed at loosing a sale, but when we called to get off their list the day after we got on in the middle of May they did not credit my credit card the $500.00 and I had to go in and do it personnaly and one of the Sales Managers was very, very rude. This is the dealership that is charging for shipping twice (akin to slipping the waiter $50 for the best table). My husband is very pleased with their Service Dept., but I told him that I am going to drive the extra 15 miles to go to Rosner because it's how you are treated on a whole that counts.

I can hardly wait for my new Driftwood Pearl #9. Do dealers have to put their name on the back of the cars? We were able to pop off the Koons Toyota one on the 03, but I don't know if all of them pop off so easily. I always feel that to drive around with a dealership name on my car, I should get a little something in the mail each month as advertising pmt.

So Happy Jill

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been lurking on this board for a long time, but now that my car is on its way, I thought it was time to post.

My dealer called yesterday to offer me a red, #9 (I ordered a red #7), arriving in mid-July! I said, where do I sign. I've been on the waiting list since mid-January (started at #12), and, up until a week ago I was told that I was #5 on the list, and that they were still only getting one Prius a month (do the math --> 5 MORE MONTHS). However, the gods were smiling on me, and no one ahead of me on the list wanted the car (they were holding out for lower packages). I wanted a #7, but, from what I can tell, they are mainly sending out #9's. I had already decided back in January that if they offered me a #9 I would take it. And now it is mine.

I know I'm rambling, but after 5 months on a waiting list, I'm still in a little bit of shock.

I've been wanting a hybrid car for years now. I can't wait!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh, and, I am paying MSRP. My dealer has been great the whole time. I was a very annoying customer, and I pestered them with emails all the time. They tried to answer my questions, and were very understanding of how frustrating it is to wait for a Prius.

I recommend them, though the waiting list is probably quite long by now: Sloane Toyota Glenside, PA.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
YOUR CAR IS COMMING! Congrats. I will say it. Seems that not to many here are very quick to tell us that. Should I feel guilty for getting my car so soon? I don't think so. Am I gloating? Not in the least. I am just very happy and am very happy for you.

I also have been reading this sight for awhile and have found lots of very good info. about the Prius. I will continue to read and probably post.

Is there that much difference in a Package 7 and 9? I think that here (VA) a #7 is sold only as a fleet car.

Best of times with your new car and mine.

Oh So Happy Jill

·
Registered
44 Posts
congratulations!

You lucked out!

I live in Denver, and have been on the reserve list at Elway Toyota since the beginning of April...it would be nice if the dealership kept you updated on where you stand. Although I will wait, I'm sure others would give up and get a different model. I was charged a $1000 deposit which was cashed about 2 weeks later (mid April) and is nonrefundable...I hope I do not have to wait 6 months, but will if need be...I love the car!

·
Registered
44 Posts
congratulations!

You lucked out!

I live in Denver, and have been on the reserve list at Elway Toyota since the beginning of April...it would be nice if the dealership kept you updated on where you stand. Although I will wait, I'm sure others would give up and get a different model. I was charged a $1000 deposit which was cashed about 2 weeks later (mid April) and is nonrefundable...I hope I do not have to wait 6 months, but will if need be...I love the car!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oops, I think it is the #8 that is the fleet package and not the 7. Anyway, Whatever the package and whenever they get here it will be worth it.

So Happy Jill

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was charged a $1000 deposit which was cashed about 2 weeks later (mid April) and is nonrefundable...
Your deposit for a prius is supposed to be refundable no matter where you go. You might want to ask them about this. And, ask them where you stand on the list and how many they are alloted per month. You should be able to figure out your wait time much easier this way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
And, ask them where you stand on the list and how many they are alloted per month. You should be able to figure out your wait time much easier this way.
Yup, I agree. My dealer didn't volunteer any info. I nagged and nagged and nagged. I had to drag my # on the waiting list and their allotment out of them (at first, they were rather reluctant to tell me). I was starting to lose hope: I had expected a 3-6 month waiting period, and was pretty disconcerted when I realized it might be closer to 1 year! Thankfully, it all worked out in the end.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts