Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Prius 8/31/02 and have loved every minute of it! Except for this morning when I tried to start it. It would not start and my car alarm was making a wierd low pitched noise. I had an alarm installed shortly after purchasing my car. The alarm was chirping very softly non-stop. At first, I thought: My husband wanted me to have this stupid alarm and now it has recked my car!! But, after speaking with the store where we purchased the alarm, they had us check several things to help diagnose the problem and it turns out the battery was dead!
We jumped the battery and it started, thank God! But now I have a new problem--my headlights will not turn off! I will need to take it to the dealership in the morning to get a new battery but I worry why and how did this happen? Is my battery going to call the quits every 6 wks?? This doesn't make any sense to me. Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem?
Also, for the battery, I got a kick out of going to Wal-mart. No one had a clue of what kind of car or battery I had. They kept saying what kind of car is it? Are you sure that's what it is called? What is it? A H-y-b-r-i d? Being this happened to me on a Sunday, (of course) there is no way I could go to the dealership until Monday. Does anyone know if there is a battery compatible with the Prius and not that you can only go to the dealership for it? It should be covered anyway, but just wondering.
Thanks for letting me vent....

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help

Dear Smitty,
Thanks for your input and help. I dropped my car off at the dealership so the battery can be replaced. As for the alarm, not sure what I'll do yet but I really appreciate your insight. I think your right, it may need to go or else it will be more trouble than it's worth!! I am kind of disappointed that the place who installed it did not warn me about the charge it would take from my battery. I only hope I can get my money back.
Thanks again,
Milly

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.