Toyota Prius Forum banner

My 2003 Civic Hybrid CVT

10K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
I got a 2003 Civic Hybrid CVT today. In the upcoming weeks I will be posting direct comparisons of it aginst my brother's Prius. I would like to get a CarChip ( http://www.driveright.co.uk/carchip.html ) so that data can actually be logged while driving, but don't have $180 for it. Anybody have any cheaper solutions?
There are now three hybrids in our driveway, My brother's 2002 Prius, My mom's 2003 Prius, and my 2003 Civic Hybrid. I'll post some pictures soon.

G
#4 ·
CarChip Base Model

CarChip Base
With the basic CarChip, the data logger will store up to 75 hours of trip details before you'll need to download. If you drive, on average, two hours a day, that's over a month's worth of driving data.

Includes data logger, software on CD, download cable, and power adapter. Requires Windows 95 or above, at least 5MB free hard disk space, and one free serial port. Add our optional USB-to-Serial Cable to connect to USB.

You'll get complete trip details including: Time and date for each trip Distance traveled Speed (recorded every 5 seconds) Hard brakings and quick accelerations You can view all of this graphically on your computer screen, giving you a moment-by-moment picture of how you?or perhaps your employees or the teenagers in your household?are driving. If the vehicle's check engine light (also known as a malfunction indicator light or MIL) comes on, you'll be able to: Read the dignostic trouble code (or DTC). Get the "freeze-frame" sensor readings telling you the status of various engine parameters at the time. Reset the light.

http://www.ambientweather.com/carchipbase1.html

G
#5 ·
CarChip E/X Model

CarChip E/X

CarChipE/X includes all the features of CarChip, plus four times the data storage?up to 300 hours of driving data. (The actual number of hours will vary, depending on how frequently you log data.)

As with CarChip, you'll get time and date for each trip, distance, speed, hard accelerations and decelerations, and engine diagnostic trouble codes.

G
#6 ·
CarChip E/X Model

CarChip E/X

CarChipE/X includes all the features of CarChip, plus four times the data storage?up to 300 hours of driving data. (The actual number of hours will vary, depending on how frequently you log data.)

As with CarChip, you'll get time and date for each trip, distance, speed, hard accelerations and decelerations, and engine diagnostic trouble codes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.