·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Prius turns two tomorrow, and I just calculated the following:

Total miles: 54077 when I filled the tank this afternoon

Fuel used: 1003.995 per pump receipts

Average mpg: 53.86mpg (lifetime)

The first 35,000 miles I drove at 65-70, traffic permitting. Then for the last 19,000 I have tried to stay at around 57mph, except more recently in the HOV lanes, when I am back up to 65-70mph. The mileage for this later period overall has been 56.78mpg.

I have had the regular oil and filter changes at 5K intervals, having rotated the tires myself each time. I have also replaced the cabin and engine air filters myself. I expect to replace the tires at 60K, although I think they will still have some tread life at that time.

I am very pleased with my Prius. I am a professional chauffeur, and regularly drive Maybachs, Mercedes, BMW, etc. But when I'm paying the freight, I really love my Prius!

Roger

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Roger V said:
My Prius turns two tomorrow, and I just calculated the following:

Total miles: 54077 when I filled the tank this afternoon

Fuel used: 1003.995 per pump receipts

Average mpg: 53.86mpg (lifetime)

The first 35,000 miles I drove at 65-70, traffic permitting. Then for the last 19,000 I have tried to stay at around 57mph, except more recently in the HOV lanes, when I am back up to 65-70mph. The mileage for this later period overall has been 56.78mpg.

I have had the regular oil and filter changes at 5K intervals, having
rotated the tires myself each time. I have also replaced the cabin and engine air filters myself. I expect to replace the tires at 60K, although I think they will still have some tread life at that time.

I am very pleased with my Prius. I am a professional chauffeur, and regularly drive Maybachs, Mercedes, BMW, etc. But when I'm paying the freight, I really love my Prius!

Roger
My 2004 Prius says to tell yours Happy Birthday. :)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
What kind of cake are you serving for the party? Prii like chocolate cake. Mine told me so. Happy Birthday, Prius! 8)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Can we join the party? Isabelle passedc 40K on the road
today and it is exactly two years since she was....er...delivered.

:p :p :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm a bit more conservative with my two year old Prius, having only 22,000 miles on it so far -- the downside of living close to work. :D Because of lot's of short rides to work and short rides to the store in genernal, mileage has averaged between 40 - 50 miles per gallen, enfluenced by winter and summer gas. Once the Prius warms up, it gets up to 60 mpg in the city.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Sanny said:
What kind of cake are you serving for the party? Prii like chocolate cake. Mine told me so. Happy Birthday, Prius! 8)
Mine likes Canole, no candles (spoils the delicate flavor)...but chocolate chips in the Canole are good. :wink:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
HIVOLTAGE said:
I asked my car what it liked and it replied ...."Flan"... :roll:
Ok, I admit to not being 8) cool 8) . no capisce... "Flan"?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
An04Prius said:
HIVOLTAGE said:
It's a yummy egg custard, with caramelized sugar on it. It's cooked with the sugar on the bottom of the pan, then it is on top when the custard is tipped out onto a plate. :) mmm Trust me... Bears like flan!!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Sanny said:
An04Prius said:
HIVOLTAGE said:
It's a yummy egg custard, with caramelized sugar on it. It's cooked with the sugar on the bottom of the pan, then it is on top when the custard is tipped out onto a plate. :) mmm Trust me... Bears like flan!!
Sounds great, but big ole bears have to watch their cholesterol & sugar :(

·
Registered
269 Posts
Thanks Sanny!!...I was about to give the bear a "Flanning"!

....if its made right it would even taste good on a Prius bumper....or with a salmon on it for the other "tastes"..mainly non-expert polar bears!

An04Prius: Go to a Spanish restaurant and order yourself a slice....should be a good place however...once you get some of it past your "bear lips" you'll never go back to fish again!

Respectfully: "The Flan Connossieur"

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
DanMan32 said:
MMMMM! Flan! MMMM! Salmon (cooked of course)!
COOKING salmon ?? :shock: ?? Is that something new ? Sounds like it would destroy the freshness. Next thing you'll tell me is you cut off the head & tail and remove the skin & bones !! :eek:
(just an ole bear joke)

Carmelized sugar Flan does sound awful good tho. I will have to try it.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
An04Prius said:
Next thing you'll tell me is you cut off the head & tail and remove the skin & bones !! :eek:
Would you rather we not tell you this? Or would you rather we save the head and tail for you?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
:D

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I'm now accepting contributions to save the battered shrimp... (Sorry, not tax deductible.) :roll:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts