Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, for the first time, my display did not display! It came back after a while but went blank again later.... :shock:

I will take it to my local dealer and they will fix it quickly, I hope. Any thoughts??

Brian

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have an 04 with 33,700 miles and no probs with the MFD.

How many miles do you have?

Many of us may be approaching 36K :shock:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have about 20K on my car only! I leave mine on all the time...do you?? I love looking at that screen....

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
When was the car purchased. When the display was out, was it cold in the car?

Some older 2004 displays had thermal intermittents which required replacing. A tell-tale sign you have one of the older MFDs was that pressing INFO button (assuming you have NAV) on the steering wheel would not toggle between consumption and energy screens.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car was purchased in March, 04, so it must be one of the earlier models. I don't have NAV.

I just found a post listing the Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) on the other Prius board: http://priuschat.com/forums/files/el002t05.pdf in case anyone else has this problem.

Wish me luck...I'm taking my baby in today!!! (separation anxiety)

·
Registered
149 Posts
display

I've had my display replaced per the TSB referenced. About 5,000 miles ago, under warranty. Took a half hour, no hassles, all's well again.

When mine was acting up, I still controlled most aspects of the Prius via the steering controls (auto climate control, defrost, change CD tracks). Next tank, I'm going to drive without the display on, just to see how I do MPG-wise, without all the feedback. "Just drive it". I'll be posting about this come August.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
DanMan32 said:
Some older 2004 displays had thermal intermittents which required replacing.
That's true. My mom got so tired of replacing my thermal mittents when I was a kid, she used the OSP (old safety pin) technology to clip them to my jacket. :wink:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
An04Prius said:
DanMan32 said:
That's true. My mom got so tired of replacing my thermal mittents when I was a kid, she used the OSP (old safety pin) technology to clip them to my jacket. :wink:
Really? My mom was into string theory... :wink:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Sanny said:
An04Prius said:
DanMan32 said:
Really? My mom was into string theory... :wink:
ST is good. However, it requires SSR (snow suit removal) or CCM (complaining child manipulation) to effect, if the senior officer forgets to
PTIBD (put them in before dressing). :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts