Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I have even received my 2004 Prius, that I have ordered, I am already wanting to add to the features to the car. As a Software Engineer and a lot of access to other other engineering talent, I am interested in how and what is the interface to the Multi-Function display. Pin-Outs, pictures, programming interface, specifications? Ultimatly I want to build a display interface so a computer can be covertly installed (carputer) and use the multifunction display as the monitor. Once this is done, thousands of cool applications and other neat hardware gadgets could be developed. I would make my findings, schematics, procedures, source code and such public domain.

Anybody with some information? Interest? :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Now that sounds cool, I would be interested. And no, I don't know anything about the interface, but would still be interested....

·
Registered
928 Posts
The official discussion area for pursuits like this is the Yahoo Prius_Technical_Stuff group.

They've done some amazing things, but there's still a long ways to go. The information is pretty scattered throughout the group messages and files, so you might want to ask specific questions there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts