Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dave-
Been considering these for a fair amount of time now, especially since I'm gonna be moving to Washington where there's a little more need for them. I'd like to know 2 things:

1) From anyone that has them, what do you think?

and

2) Is it just me or do these look SO much more insignificant than a typical mudflap?

(I found this pic on eBay but assume these are the same as the ones you sell... Right?)

G

·
0 Posts
I ordered a set in from Canada. Fitted them about two weeks after bringing her home. THey offer a little more protection from mud splashing up the front door. Some people have reported a mileage drop after fitting them. THey are pretty insignificant, but add to the look of the car in my opinion.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have the Toyota mudflaps from the dealer. Somehow, the ones in your picture look different. I feel that in winter, with dirty slush on the roads, it is a courtesy to other drivers to use them, so as not to spray their windshields with snirt.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anonymous said:
I ordered a set in from Canada. Fitted them about two weeks after bringing her home. THey offer a little more protection from mud splashing up the front door. Some people have reported a mileage drop after fitting them. THey are pretty insignificant, but add to the look of the car in my opinion.
Well, I've already added $1300 worth of chrome that effects my mpg so losing 1-2 because of some molded plastic is okay by me :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mudflaps

The picture you have shown is the standard Toyota set. I haven't been doing a great deal of high speed driving lately in the 2004 to be able to detect a mpg decrease. Around town, they don't make a perceptible difference. The installation requires you to drill one hole for each panel, so you do have to jack up the car a couple of times to take the rear wheels off. The front wheels can be turned to get enough room.

·
Registered
381 Posts
bradca21 said:
I think these look like the ones that came with my car. ;) But seriously, I personally like the look and I think they do help keeping "road goop" off the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
bradca21 said:
and
2) Is it just me or do these look SO much more insignificant than a typical mudflap?
Hi Brad,

I ordered my mudflaps the day I picked up the car. I really like the look of the car with them on (looks dressier), and I installed them myself. I ordered them from a Toyota place in Canada, BTW. Much cheaper than what my dealer wanted.

Looks are deceiving re: typical mudflaps. These are custom molded for the Prius. They fit like a glove. I did add an extra stabilizing screw to the rear ones per a suggestion on another website, though. (go to: http://www.vfaq.net/ and click on Mods)

For your move to Washington with all its rain, I'd go for it.

G

·
0 Posts
mudflaps

Anonymous said:
:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought the Toyota ones (which I thought were a little pricey...) but they were specfically tailiored for the Prius 05 - they fitted perfectly - no drilling and I didn't even have to take the tyres/tires :wink: off either
You get what you pays for ....
Recommended
Pinball

1 - 10 of 10 Posts