Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Drop tanks would add military flair.

Mud flaps are sturdy but are attached with flimsy clips which allows movement that scratches paint.I could only improve condition somewhat by mixing old parts with new but damage had already been done.I removed them because I do not want to find loose flap has damaged more paint.They reduce ground clearance which is important off road so mud flaps must give the owner some other benefit possibly psychological.SUVs have mud flaps but we all know most do not go off road but owners want adventuresome image and masculine appeal.I think that some miss the styling elements of macho vehicles and try to butch up Prius.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Caution:Snobbery ahead

The whole foundation of brand marketing is that a product contains more than just its physical properties but has psychological associations which can be manipulated.People can alter their automobile functionally as well as stylistically and I believe the mudflaps lean towards style instead of function.Customizing cars produces a personal brand reflecting individualism that can be mistaken for snobbery.People honk at my Prius because my driving is not adequate but I have learned to ignore them which is quite relaxing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.