Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for an 04 Prius and I've gotten conflicting reports on a $300 increase to the base MRSP. One dealer claims the price will increase April 1st and so long as I order now, I'll get the lower price. Another claims the price went into effect March 15 and that an order placed now will cost $300 more. I called Toyota's customer relations department and they have no knowledge of a price increase but claim that if it were to take place in April, they might not know about it yet. They told me the currently listed price on the web site of 19,995 is accurate (as of my call on 3/16). Then there is a post in this forum that claims to be a draft of a memo that states the price increase went into effect on March 10th.

Anybody have any comments or reliable information?

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Here's the info:

Toyota's raised the base price of the Prius by $300.

That said, it was less than I expected and certainly what the market will bear.

The CIRC system in dealerships will enable anyone with a Prius request placed by their dealership by March 9th, 2004, to get that $300 cash increase back from Toyota NATIONAL in 6-8 weeks after buying their car -- it is not applied at the dealership level.

Anyone requesting a car after March 10th will pay for their car based on the increased MSRP with no additional refund/compensation from Toyota. The way the customer info is entered into the database will have to match the car's sale information or Toyota will never know to send the pre-March 10th vehicle request already in the system refund $.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

If this is the case, I'd say many dealerships don't know about it. 2 out of the 3 paper quotes that I have from 3/15/04 state an MSRP of 19,995 with no extra markup on the sale. Unfortunately the one dealer that wants to include the extra $300 is the one with the smallest waiting list.

I guess I'll see what happens...

·
Registered
7 Posts
mr.peterman,
better check your figures msrp is 20510. according to the toyota website. it went up as soon as motortrend named it car o' the year, or at least it seemed that way. btw will there be any prius gear in your next catalog ?
soybomb

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
MSRP

soybomb said:
mr.peterman,
better check your figures msrp is 20510. according to the toyota website. it went up as soon as motortrend named it car o' the year, or at least it seemed that way. btw will there be any prius gear in your next catalog ?
soybomb
US MSRP prior to March 10 was $19995, + $515 for the DPH (Delivery, Processing, and Handling) fee for most of the US = $20510.
Note the link next to the $20510 price on http://www.toyota.com/prius/ , which points you to the explanation of the MSRP here: http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/disclaimers/msrp.html DPH is higher in the southeast states.

For orders placed after March 10, the base MSRP has gone up to $20,295 + DPH.

If your order was in Toyota's system prior to March 10 (if you got a keychain you're in the system), Toyota will be sending you some more mail... After you take delivery at the new MSRP, Toyota will send you a $300 cash-back check to cover the MSRP change. For orders placed after March 10, sorry, you get the new MSRP.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
soybomb said:
btw will there be any prius gear in your next catalog ?
soybomb
Funny that you should ask...

From this years catalog:
A fine ZX edition smart entry key fob sporting a strong titanium body with aggressive gold inlayed buttons. Fashionable yet not gaudy. Assertive yet not flashy. You have the car, now get the fob!
priced at an affordable $699

·
Registered
7 Posts
soybomb wrote:
soybomb

From this years catalog:
A fine ZX edition smart entry key fob sporting a strong titanium body with aggressive gold inlayed buttons. Fashionable yet not gaudy. Assertive yet not flashy. You have the car, now get the fob!

mr.peterman

i was really looking for some driving gloves

·
Registered
7 Posts
soybomb wrote:
soybomb

From this years catalog:

mr.peterman

i was really looking for some driving gloves

1 - 8 of 8 Posts