Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have got a dealer here who's quoting MSRP minus $300 here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

For a package #6 (BC) + CF, MSRP is $27066. He is quoting me $26766.
The car is available right now.

And here are the addl. charges:
DOC FEE: $45.00
DMV Amt: $214.00
DMV Amt Add: 27.00
Calif. Tire Fee: $8.75
Sales Tax @ 8.25%: $2211.91
======================
Total: $29272.66

Let me ask the collective wisdom of this forum -- do you think this is a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Some recent purchasers were able to get MSRP - $1000 at Toyota Town in Stockton. I'd try them first, I bought my second one there last November and have nothing but praise for them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bad experience with Toyota Town of Stockton (California)

priusenvy said:
Some recent purchasers were able to get MSRP - $1000 at Toyota Town in Stockton.
<rant>
I had a real bad experience with Toyota Town of Stockton. I contacted them in early August -- Robert Morales contacted me via email and quoted me a price of MSRP - $1000. I talked with him on the phone and mutually agreed on a day for me to come by and pick it up. He said that they have the car that I wanted in stock.

Next day, I call him again -- he asks for (and gets) all my financial information from me to do a credit check. He also gets my credit card, "just in case" so he needs to hold the car with a $500 deposit.

2 days before the pick up day, I called him again to confirm the price and availability. He says everything is on track.

1 day before, I called him, and he says "let me check availability and I will call you right back". And then he does not call back. I leave him 2 messages. He still does not call back.

On the day of the pick-up, I leave him a few messages and he calls me back only when I called him from a different phone. He says "let me check availability and I will call you right back". That was the last I heard from him.

This guy didnt even have the decency to call me and say sorry, he couldnt sell me a car because he didnt have any. And because he stringed me along for a week, I actually rejected a few other offers during that time from a couple of dealerships close by.

I understand that there were a few other folks who got a decent deal from this dealership, but my experience, as you can see, was anything but nice.
</rant>

·
Registered
150 Posts
joyjit said:
I have got a dealer here who's quoting MSRP minus $300 here in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Let me ask the collective wisdom of this forum -- do you think this is a reasonable price?
A couple questions:
Is this a 2006 model?
Are you willing to wait until Jan 1 so you can get a federal tax credit instead of a deduction?

I'm guessing that you'd get a better deal if you can wait even just a couple months. I'd imagine that dealers would be under even more pressure to sell before year's end as more more people are willing to wait in order to qualify for the credit.

Louie

P.S. While I did get my Prius from Toyota Town, those folks are not responsive to your inquiries unless it has to do with a new sale. I still haven't gotten my $500 check back. I have a reminder to renew my stop-check order in case they find the check and try to deposit it.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
LouieNet said:
joyjit said:
A couple questions:
Is this a 2006 model?
Are you willing to wait until Jan 1 so you can get a federal tax credit instead of a deduction?

I'm guessing that you'd get a better deal if you can wait even just a couple months. in order to qualify for the credit.

Louie

P.S. While I did get my Prius from Toyota Town, those folks are not responsive to your inquiries unless it has to do with a new sale. I still haven't gotten my $500 check back. I have a reminder to renew my stop-check order in case they find the check and try to deposit it.
Louie,
I'd imagine that dealers would be under even more pressure to sell before year's end as more more people are willing to wait .
I doubt it, now with the HOV lane permit being snapped up none of my customers are waiting ! I normally get about 25~35 Prius but none, not even a single Prius in sight. All my September allotment are sold out and
October then the 06 arrives in November !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LouieNet said:
joyjit said:
A couple questions:
Is this a 2006 model?
Sorry, I should have made it more clear -- its a new 2005 model. The car is available *right now* as I mentioned.

The problem is -- thes guys at Toyota Town of Stockton were very responsive to me until two days before I was supposed to purchase the car and pick it up. Its then that they simply stopped returning my call. And yes, this is for a new 2005 prius. My guess is the dealership never really had the car, and were simply misleading me... hoping that some miracle would happen and they would procure a car in time which they could then sell to me.

I wouldn't recommend Toyota Town of Stockton to anybody.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Happy to report that I am now a proud owner of a Salsa Red Prius, Package #6. Dealer was City Toyota of Daly City. Ken Tam was the sales guy. My transaction was very smooth and professional.

Now need to go do the FasTrak paperwork... :<

·
Registered
14 Posts
I live in Stockton, but got mine at Tracy Toyota. Deborah Bruns (Fleet Manager?) gave me a $300 off MSRP 'fleet price'.

I did wait a few weeks hoping the one I wanted would come in (I wasn't in a huge hurry). They found one in Susanville and had a 'nice older couple' (sure ... but maybe true!) drive it down ... I accepted the car with 290 miles on it.

No problems so far ...

I just passed 5000 miles, & had the service done at their on-site 'jiffy lube' place. I did buy the maintenance agreement for $800.

I am so far pleased with all their work and service.

·
Registered
82 Posts
joyjit said:
Happy to report that I am now a proud owner of a Salsa Red Prius, Package #6. Dealer was City Toyota of Daly City. Ken Tam was the sales guy. My transaction was very smooth and professional.

Now need to go do the FasTrak paperwork... :<
Joyjit,
Welcome to Prius owner circle.
The stickers are going out at about ~1000/day. Why I know?
I actually got two sets of stickers because I sent in my application twice. One with website printout on 08/10, the other with FasTrak official receipt on 08/12. I received my first set of stickers on 08/25 (HE0032xx), I got my second set 08/26 (HE0054xx). Can you imagine how fast it is going...?
Naturally, I will return the second set.

If I were you I would waste no time by going to FasTrak's SF center directly. They will open an account for you and give you the transponder and receipt on the spot (they do open on Saturday!). You could mail it out tomorrow!

Again, welcome to Prius family. You will love Prius. A lot to learn and enjoy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts