Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My other half likes to play jokes on me and at stop lights reaches over and presses the power button....don't get me wrong, I love my power button, but can we move it away from the passenger's reach...say on the other side of the stearing wheel?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I like the Japanese location I saw in a photo--all the way to the driver's side next to the air vent. Easier, and not prone to passenger pranks.

I'd kick the ass of any passenger who did it more than once...

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
That's a really childish and dangerous prank! It's like removing the key from an old-fasioned car! What if there's a malfunction upon restart? What if the car doesn't reboot, or you get it confused in your frantic button pushing?

You could be rear-ended. Or worse!

You need a heart-to-heart with this person. If it's your wife/husband, you need a serious talk. I may sound overly serious about this, but I'll put it "out there" for your consideration anyhow: If it's a fiancee, I'd say it's cause for re-consideration of your future plans.

BTW, the power switch is not near the driver's door simply to prevent carjackers and other non-riders from reaching in through an open window and shutting off your car.

·
Registered
425 Posts
BIF said:
BTW, the power switch is not near the driver's door simply to prevent carjackers and other non-riders from reaching in through an open window and shutting off your car.
I doubt that.

The start button in on the right hand side of the steering wheel. Same in the Uk where they drive on the "wrong" side of the road. In the UK case, the start button is between the wheel and the door. I think the reason is that most people are right handed, and therefore more natural feel. Pooor old left handers loose out again :wink:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Victor said:
BIF said:
I doubt that.

The start button in on the right hand side of the steering wheel. Same in the Uk where they drive on the "wrong" side of the road. In the UK case, the start button is between the wheel and the door. I think the reason is that most people are right handed, and therefore more natural feel. Pooor old left handers loose out again :wink:
We "poor left handers" adapt to your right-handed world very well, thank you! Many of us have become ambidextrous. We can do a Prius wave with either hand.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Let's get back to basics and replace the power button with a hand crank on the front grill.

Or not.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
How about move the passenger away from the power button? Make em ride in the waaaaay back, under the cargo net.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Sanny said:
How about move the passenger away from the power button? Make em ride in the waaaaay back, under the cargo net.
Not far enough now that there's that compartment under the cargo area.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I say put 'er on the roof! Give her a pair of goggles so she won't get bugs in her eyes. :shock: :x

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Oh drat, I just thought about the wind resistance problem. It would kill your mileage. Hmmmm....make her walk?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
BIF said:
Oh drat, I just thought about the wind resistance problem. It would kill your mileage. Hmmmm....make her walk?
No problem if you shave her head and give her one of those denticled swim suits. Is this going a bit too far?

·
Registered
28 Posts
It might be nice here in RightHandDriveWorld that the power button is safely on the non-passenger side, but that does mean they have the gear selector and park button to play with... :shock:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I still think the more serious problem here is not the design of the car, but the actions of an adult.

Intensive retraining is needed. Hopefully, shock therapy won't be required, but if it is, at least you have a large store of electrical energy from which to dish it out. :shock:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts