Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know if the Motorola V505 for AT&T wireless connects without any problem with blutooth to the Prius. If not does anyone know of an updated list of AT&T wireless compatible phones. My prius should be arriving sometime in the middle of October and I would like to get a new phone that i can synch up to the Prius. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Re: V505

ajwilkas said:
I have a V505 and it works great in our new 2004 :D :D .
Alex!!! You're the first I've found/heard of with the V505. I'm giving it a very close look as it seems like one of the best options for me. So, I'm going to take advantage of you for some specific questions...

1)Does the phone ring through the Prius speakers, through the phone only, or both?
2)Can you upload the entire phonebook at once, or just one listing at a time into the Prius?
3)Any issues with AT&T WS?
4)Was initial connection easy?
5)Did you change from a different phone with the Prius to the V505 or was it your first. If a previous and deletion/connections issues?
6)Does the signal strength show on the MFD? How about roaming/not?

Ok, that's all I can think of at the moment, but may have more. I am enthused to hear you sound very satisfied. :p :p

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am interested in this too. I have wireless now and am ready to upgrade to a unit that works with my Prius.

We wait in eager anticipation....

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Well, due to a lack of solid information and a $250 rebate only available until the 20th I've decided to go ahead and order the v505 now. I 'make' $75 after rebates on The phone at Amazon.com when bundled with a 2 year ATT WS contract. (I got the Nationwide 400min).

Hopefully my wife won't kill me for doing this before my T-mobile contract expires, but I don't really care about switching my number over since it's a crappy number anyway. And, I want some time to do the transition (moving phone numbers, assuring compatibility with the Prius, etc.). I wish Alex J. Wilkas had responded to provide more information, but I guess I'll go with his brief statement of satisfaction.

I'll most certainly give a full update once I have the phone up and working.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My AT&T Motorola V505 arrived a few hours ago, and so far it's working well with my '04 Prius.

To answer Evan's questions...

1)Does the phone ring through the Prius speakers, through the phone only, or both? Both
2)Can you upload the entire phonebook at once, or just one listing at a time into the Prius? So far I only see how to do one at a time -- anybody know what I might be missing?
3)Any issues with AT&T WS? No problems here in Chicago
4)Was initial connection easy? Easy, but not entirely intuitive -- needed to tinke and browse a few sites to see how to do
5)Did you change from a different phone with the Prius to the V505 or was it your first. If a previous and deletion/connections issues? No. This is my 1st BlueTooth phone
6)Does the signal strength show on the MFD? How about roaming/not? Signal strenght yes; roaming unknown[/b]

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Rick, et al,
I got my v505 over the weekend and LOVE the phone. It seemed to accept the 1212 code just fine and I see a "Handsfree" connected on the BT, but the phone and car don't seem to be talking...I can't dial via the car nor does the car pick up a call initiated from the phone.

Upon start up I get the BT connection failed on the MFD.

Any hints/tips to get me going? I connected my SE T610 without a problem a year ago, but haven't had to redo that and can't seem to recall the details and I think there may be a quirk or two with the v505. I'm "hitting the books" tonight to try to figure out where I'm going wrong.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Nevermind,
Second attempt (with a recharged phone battery) worked great. The old T610 phone list even worked so I'll only need to upload a couple of additional numbers from the new phone (good thing since they can only be uploaded one at a time...I spent 3 hours transfering numbers from the 610 to the v505 already!!).

This is a really sweet phone folks, I'm thrilled with it. Can't wait to hear it ring through the car speaker. Anyone get the voice dialing to work through the Prius?? If so, how?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Special Bluetooth ring

I'm glad to hear you're as enthusiastic as I about the V505, Evan, in and out of the Prius. One thing that surprised me, though I guess there's some logic to it, is that a plain vanilla ring tone plays on the phone when I receive calls in the car -- not the nice Miles Davis tune I spent my hard-earned $2.50 to download from mMode. I guess that way there's no chance of confusing the phone call with the CD that it interrupts.

Rick

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Re: Special Bluetooth ring

rickkulp said:
I'm glad to hear you're as enthusiastic as I about the V505, Evan, in and out of the Prius. One thing that surprised me, though I guess there's some logic to it, is that a plain vanilla ring tone plays on the phone when I receive calls in the car -- not the nice Miles Davis tune I spent my hard-earned $2.50 to download from mMode. I guess that way there's no chance of confusing the phone call with the CD that it interrupts.

Rick
mMode...I thought you weren't into the fancy stuff!? I'm way too chicken to go playing with all that stuff. I've never texted, never downloaded a game. I tried to download a ringtone once, may have even worked, but then I didn't like it and went back to plain Jane.

Just gimme a phone that works and has BT and doesn't take a genious to operate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Real Tones from mMode

> mMode...I thought you weren't into the fancy stuff!?

You've been paying attention, I see, Evan. I actually called AT&T and tried to get them to tell me how to remove the mMode softkey from my phone. Of course, they won't do that. So I threw in the towel, bought a megabyte-per-month plan, and started playing. Messaging and browsing seem like more trouble than they're worth to me (I sit in front of real computers all day), but I did get drawn into the very easily downloadable "real tones" at http://ringtones.mobile.att.net/AwsPreview.

By the way, I'm now starting to wonder if I really did hear both the car and the phone ringing the other day (car's not home right now for me to double check), or if I was fooled by that special "bluetooth" ring on the phone. Let us know what you discover.

Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts