Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I have one. It works as well as any. Because its Verizon, you still have the problem with not being able to download your phone book to the car but I have had no problems with connectivity or functionality with the phone in the Prius

·
Registered
219 Posts
My Razr on the Unicel plan works fine with my 2006 Prius (package 5). Have to transfer the phone book entries one at a time, but once I did that, it's worked great. Incoming calls pause the CD and handle the call on the car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info! Do you think the Razr is sturdy? I love the look of it, but others have suggested the E815 because of its sturdiness in comparison to the Razr.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
The Razr feels quite sturdy and feels very good to use as a phone. One other thing, I am able to stick it in any pocket, jeans included, due to its shape and lack of antenna. It's nice to not have to use a belt holster anymore.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'm almost due for my "New Every 2" $100 new-phone credit with Verizon.

I like the Moto V710 (undocumented) feature of being to edit my own fave song clips, convert them to .wav files and import them into my phone for use as ringtones.

Do any of the new phones let you do this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like my new Verizon Razr very much, especially with the Prius. As long as you turn the Bluetooth "ON" in its Tools/Connection/Bluetooth menu (as oppossed to the temporary "on" that you get by simply hitting the down-key) then the Bluetooth connection come up automatically each time I boot the car. Very nice.

I 'think' my phone also rings thru the car's speaker - I'll have to confirm that.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Thomme said:
I'm almost due for my "New Every 2" $100 new-phone credit with Verizon...
Hey, Doris. Tell Thomme to order his phone on line (http://www.verizonwireless.com) and get an additional $50 credit on the order. For me, a week ago, Razr (pink, of course) was FREE!! Yes, FREE. We do like free. Works fine with Prius, except didn't turn the Prius pink. :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've got a razor w/ T-mobile. No problems.
Also, I flooded the phone while washing dishes. I took it apart. let it dry overnight... again no problem.
I dropped it off of the top of my car... no problem, just a couple of scratches.
I'm very happy w/ this phone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i can answer that...nope...sucks...have to enter everything manually...unless there's a way around it that i don't know. (which could be likely)

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
It's not the car's fault, the feature is disabled on the phone itself. If the phone natively supports the feature, then if you get a generic version (unbranded by carrier), then you'll have the feature.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I upgraded to a Razr which works fine with my Prius, including phonebook transfer, but that's using Unicel service, not Verizon. The trick is whether Verizon disables that function on their phone; we know the Razr and Prius can work together if permitted.

Go to your Verizon dealer and tell them what you want to do. Don't buy the Razr until they promise in writing it'll work. Then if it doesn't, make them fix it or give you your money back. Make sure they know people don't like buying phones with half their features disabled.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
rangerdavid said:
So if I upgrade my phone to the Razr (with bluetooth) with Verizon serivce, it should work with a 2006 package #5???
Not likely if you bought it from a Verizon dealer. If you bought the phone unbranded and had Verizon activate it, then yes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.