Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am currently in the process of moving from Portland, OR to upstate NY. I am wanting to get some all season tires to prepare for driving across the country in winter, and for my new life in a snow filled area. I would prefer not to have two set of tires (winter and summer) so am looking for something that will handle good in snow while not decreasing my gas mileage too much.

Any suggestions? I am currently looking at the Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum.

Thanks so much!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check tirerack.com. They do their own testing and you can compare various tires in side-by-side charts. I bought a couple wheel & tire packages and also some tires from them for other vehicles. Great outfit.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
First off you will be driving on nice clean highways on your trip as long as you skip the blizzard conditions. Ditto most of the time in upstate N. Y. unless you get caught in the mountains on a skiing trip.
So, I'de just stop by Goodyear and see what they recommend. You will find one of their dealers anywhere in the country. (At least for the next few years.)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Oh yeah you'll need snows. Like Hyperion said go find a Goodyear dealer and second find a BJs which sells Michelins. I have the X-Ice radial and My daughter has Blizzaks from Bridgestone. But you have time - probably won't need snows till after Thanksgiving. That's when I put mine on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts