Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else been stopped more often in parking lots by interested people now that U.S. gas prices are well over $2 per gallon?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Oh I've been stopped when getting gas, loading groceries into the trunk, sitting at a drive-thru ATM and when going through the drive-thru at Starbucks by the window attendant.

I'm sure I'm not the only one on here though.

Everyone has questions and I feel it's my job to give them answers. :)

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I was stopped at a gas station, but based on the woman's comments, I don't know if she knew about the hybrid part. She just thought it was a nice looking car.

A few at work and church have asked me all sorts of questions though.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Hmm...

Not sure if this qualifies... but the tank before last I filled up...decided i was thirsty, so went in and got a drink. As I was walking back to the car, I saw a largish SUV pull into the 7/11 parking lot. I climbed into my car, but knowing I still had to log pump/mileage values into my pocket pc for my spreadsheet ... left the drivers door open to let the woman know I wasn't moving immediatly.

Eventually she went around to the pump in front of me (that was available the whole time...)

As I was shutting the door I heard her muttering about a large pit used to contain donkeys.

I didn't think to ask if she was mad about the wait, or that I'll get 600 miles from the $20 i put in my tank, while she'll put $40 in hers and get 300

·
Registered
14 Posts
We just got our Prius on Tuesday and already my wife and I've had two enthusiastic inquiries. On the way to the grocery store yesterday, a nice gentleman driving a white Lincoln spotted our white Prius pulling into the parking lot. He said, "I've just got to talk to you about your hybrid vehicle." He seemed knowledgeable about our car, but did not realize that the onboard computers controlled the mix of gas and electric power. He was very impressed by the vehicle's interior room and astounded by our gas mileage. Heck, we've only had the car for less than 200 miles and our display is currently showing 51.9 mpg. Sure, I know that this figure may be slightly different based upon our first few actual fill-ups at the gas pump, but he thought that the mileage was excellent, as do we!
It was exciting to meet someone that was both excited to see our car and happy to learn about the new technology. Needless to say my wife and I are pleased to serve as "Prius Ambassadors".

Man, this car is fantastic! After waiting 11.5 months, we could not be happier!

Bob and Tonie
San Antonio

·
Registered
9 Posts
People stop and ask us about our Prius DAILY, from the 16 year old cart boy at Publix, to the 'older' couple walking down the street. We average atleast 1 daily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts