Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI
I have a 98 mini van and I have been in love with the Prius for a long time. But I am afraid if I sell my van I will regret it down the line when my kids get older and bigger.
Also, there is a 04 with under 14k miles on it. They are asking 20K for it. Is that a good buy? It is the plain model no additional things with it.

Thanks for any advise

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mini van Mom

Just get it...sounds like an absolute bargain. When the kids are bigger you can trade up to the HH or if able, Rx400h :wink:

·
Registered
10 Posts
For that price I'd go ahead and spend a little extra to get a new 05. WIth option package #1 it's not much more.

I think the high prices for used Priuses are due to the long waiting lists for new ones. As that becomes reduced the used prices will go down too.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I would recommend it strongly for any family up 4 members. You will be amazed at how flexible & roomy the 04 is for hauling bulky stuff with hatchback-60/40 fold down rear seats. As good as many mini-vans.

You are giving your kids clean(er) air to breath with each tankful. The world will be "tankful" :roll:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
adamsmom said:
HI
I have a 98 mini van and I have been in love with the Prius for a long time. But I am afraid if I sell my van I will regret it down the line when my kids get older and bigger.
Also, there is a 04 with under 14k miles on it. They are asking 20K for it. Is that a good buy? It is the plain model no additional things with it.

Thanks for any advise
$20K is too high for a used '04. You can get a new one for about $21k--bare bones. But, with a family you need to spend a little extra and get side airbags as a minimum, and for the really safety minded I have to recommend a version with VSC.

Bigger kids will fit fine. Unless you routinely need space for bikes or other large items there's pretty good cargo room.

If you do need a larger vehicle and have the money you can look at the Highlander Hybrid coming out this summer...the wait will likely be long and the price over $40k.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
The rear legroom in the Prius is abudant so that's not an issue. If they're not too tall, they'll fit, otherwise just slouch a bit and take advantage of the legroom. The cargo has boxes and such for storing small (or thin) items (nothing taller than a shoebox). I've actually filled the boot with shopping. The 4 24-roll tissue packs took up all the upper floor space, so everything else like the OJ, sausage, vegetables etc had to go in the bin and or cargo net. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts