Toyota Prius Forum banner

MN Hybrid Gathering - April 27

3K views 2 replies 0 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
This one should be very exciting. We're going to be part of a "Green" Expo. So there will be lots of other things going on besides hybrid owners swapping stories. Most notibly, we are trying to get dealers to bring a Prius, Insight, and Civic-Hybrid there for test-drives.

Follow the new link on my homepage for details and a photo showing the location on the Minnesota Capitol Grounds and Armory.

[%sig%]

G
#2 ·
Dont forget!

The gathering next Saturday will be here before you know it!

This one is going to be really big too! There will be owners showing off their prized hybrids. There will be both Toyota & Honda dealers providing the opportunity for inspections & test-drives. And there will be the public attending the Living Green Expo stopping by to check out what were doing.

For details, refer to the link at the top of the home page on my website.

[%sig%]

G
#3 ·
Participation was great! Weather was awful. 23 hybrids were there overall (from 10:00 to 4:00), but so was the rain & snow. There was also a car converted to Electric, a FFV (Flexible Fuel Vehicle), and a promotional vehicle for low sulfur gas. Plus, the public was invited. This gathering was quite unique.

A Toyota dealer had 3 Prius available for test-drives. That made things really weird. I'm so used to getting really excited whenever I see a Prius on the road. Having 1 drive by every few minutes caused me to learn restraint quickly.

A Honda dealer had 2 Insights and 2 Civic-Hybrids there. 1 of each was available for test-driving. The Insight only got used a few times, but that Civic-Hybrid was running almost constantly. I saw that new looks-like-a-traditional-vehicle hybrid drive by so many times I will now be able to spot it in traffic fairly easy from the front.

Owners showed true Minnesota spirit. 2 Insights and 14 Prius stopped by, despite the horrible weather. 9 went out of their way to pose their hybrids for some photos, the rest were busy participating in other parts of the Expo. We really appreciate the help everyone was able to offer. Each did their part to make the experience enjoyable. Naturally, there was a lot of story swapping among the owners. Hearing all that is becoming even more fun now with mileage becoming more diverse. An owner had a Prius with only 868 miles on it, mine had 30,074 miles. And I can't imagine how exciting it was for the public attending. Seeing a parking lot filled with hybrids, then having a dealer offer the opportunity for a test-drive, must have been incredible.

The weather was, well... absurd. We started with very cold rain. The few of us controlling traffic got soaked, but seeing so many hybrids kept us feeling good. Around 1:00 we setup for the photos. It dried out just in time, but got even colder. The pleasant attitude continued though. That excitement was surprising, you'd think the fact that it was a warm & beautiful the day before would make this disappointing. Then it got worse. It started to snow! When the white nasty stuff started to build up on the windshields, we decided it was time to thank everyone and head out. Hours later the ground was completely covered with snow. Whoa!

So now we've had one gathering where we froze and one where we melted. Do you think we'll be able to plan the next with weather somewhere in between those two extremes?

Thank you to everyone that attended.

[%sig%]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.