Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Prius. While cleaning it the otherday I noticed that the storage for the jack, lug wrench, and bumper eyelet in the rear storage compartment has two slight depressions. One is the size of a CD case the other surounds the entire CD, jack, lug wrench, eyelet area. The first one looks like it is intended to hold a CD or booklet. The other lookslike it is intended to retain a cover over the tools. Does anyone know if I am missing parts that are supposed to be in these locations or are they just decorative?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I just looked.

The CD sized impression holds a set of bungee cables in a plastic baggie that is sort of flat.

The 2 depressions that you describe on either side hold the tonneau roller shade cover (the shade can be removed an stored in these slots under the solid cover and below the carpet.

Is that your question?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DanMan32 said:
I've noticed that too. Nothing missing. There are slots to hold the cargo cover when you are not using it.
I know about the slots to hold the cargo cover because it is described well in the manual. As you know the depression I am describing is on the bottom of the black storage tub. My previous car (Lexus) a similar condition had a thin cover over these parts. This seems like the kind of tools you would want to separate from other items in storage. I'm guessing they intended to place something there but decided against it at the last minute. I was wondering if some other country version has something there. Maybe it's possible to get the peice.

If not I'll make something to cover it. Maybe I can turn it into a business. I'll call it "Coastal Dan".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts