Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Might work if you install it on the gas pedal, requiring you to experience pain rather than exceed 40 miles per hour. Or maybe, it just blocks enough of the air so your car doesn't have as much power thereby reducing speed. Or maybe its just a bald-faced scam.

They may as well sell some kind of audio equipment that made it "sound" like you were going faster. I would like to see the results of a scientific test of two identical cars, one with a hidden sound system that did this and one without, on unsuspecting drivers. Squeeling tire sound and fake smoke optional.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
It may have some merit, but I really doubt 31%. Heck, I figure the intake manifold is already designed to create some swirl.

I was reading a while back when I still owned a Nissan Sentra that the Sentra had some swirling effect designed into the intake port. The reading was about increasing the stock engine power for racing, and one of the things was to change the air path to give as little reduction in flow as possible, which meant eliminating the swirl.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It MUST be true, its on The Internet.

Look, it is PROFESSIONALLY manufactured by laser cut from 304 stainless steel. Stainless steel is the best steel you can get.

I've seen other products like this on TV and the internet selling for $69.99 or even $79.99 :D
and the fact is they work too :lol: :lol: :lol: .

They can sell Velocity Tuners at such a good price because they buy huge amounts at factory pricing and can pass those savings on to you.

It creates a "mini tornado" in the intake manifold. They didn't say if it makes the air spin clockwise or counterclockwise, but it must spin clockwise to have the full effect. In counterclockwise you're going against the rotation of the earth and all the clocks. :?

It even has a lifetime guarantee and is proudly made in the USA. If you overlook the fact that it does nothing except possibly impede airflow into the engine, it will last forever. :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
And how about this gem "Think of it this way: when you drain a
bathtub, a whirlpool is created because it’s the fastest way for the water to go down the drain." I've lost count of how many ways this is incorrect.

·
Registered
198 Posts
No matter how ridiculous the thing looks, it’s guaranteed they’ll sell some of them and make a few bucks. Just look at all the scams out there that succeeded: pet rocks, sea monkeys, Windows, etc.

If I wasn’t so honest, I’d be a millionaire by now! Sometimes I think being a good guy is a curse. :(

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sorry, I don't need a bridge. But I have a few post holes for sale.

PA P

·
Registered
581 Posts
sub3marathonman said:
They didn't say if it makes the air spin clockwise or counterclockwise, but it must spin clockwise to have the full effect. In counterclockwise you're going against the rotation of the earth and all the clocks. :?
Aha!!

You must be a 'Northern Hemisphere Snob, and Oppressor of the Downunderlanderites'

8)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please don't tell me the loveable Sea Monkeys are fake.
:eek:
There are plenty of scams for mileage boosters...anyone try magnets on the fuel line :wink:
Do not be fooled. The net is full of those out there trying to take advantage of the higher gas prices to earn a quick buck.
Us hybrid drivers are already doing the right thing, no snake oil needed 8)

·
Registered
581 Posts
psuinsight said:
Please don't tell me the loveable Sea Monkeys are fake.
:eek:
There are plenty of scams for mileage boosters...anyone try magnets on the fuel line :wink:
Do not be fooled. The net is full of those out there trying to take advantage of the higher gas prices to earn a quick buck.
Us hybrid drivers are already doing the right thing, no snake oil needed 8)
Yeah!!!

We only spent $2,000-$10,000 over the cost of our 'conventional' counterparts to gain that MPG advantage... :wink:

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Think of it as a genuine investment to reduced emissions as well as increased economy. Someday the technology cost will fall close to if not equal with the mainstream technology.

Computers were once more expensive than the labor they supposedly saved. Now we can't do without them and it would be cost prohibitive, even with the high cost of software, to do the same things manually.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Install and do not exceed 45mph.

There was a diet pill with instructions to take 3 hours before bed and not to eat.People who eat before sleeping are now not consuming calories before bed,this alone would cause weight loss.People probably figured this out then just skipped the pill and fasted for 10 hours a day.

Has anyone built a Prius that contains just the gasoline engine and taught the driver economy driving methods to see what the mpg would be with all the technology stripped out.You know Toyota did that and the results are in some time capsule.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Re: Install and do not exceed 45mph.

LeMangelo said:
Has anyone built a Prius that contains just the gasoline engine and taught the driver economy driving methods to see what the mpg would be with all the technology stripped out.You know Toyota did that and the results are in some time capsule.
Yes, but was that with or without the "Velocity Tuner?"

·
Registered
202 Posts
wstander said:
sub3marathonman said:
They didn't say if it makes the air spin clockwise or counterclockwise, but it must spin clockwise to have the full effect. In counterclockwise you're going against the rotation of the earth and all the clocks. :?
Aha!!

You must be a 'Northern Hemisphere Snob, and Oppressor of the Downunderlanderites'

8)
Can't we just get along? At least we both can look down on those guys at the equator. Their bathtubs and toilets don't spin at all. Or is that just an urban myth??? And I guess they're out of luck with the "Velocity Tuner."

As far as "Oppressor of the Downunderlanderites," I could never do it. Years ago I sent a good bit of money to a guy down there for a pair of '57 Chevy Shock Absorber Shields, which are unheard of here in the US. He had a pair and sent them, not that there was much I could have done if he didn't. So my opinion is that everybody there is great.

·
Registered
236 Posts

LeMangelo said:

Apparently the Scion has the Prius engine in it and with the extreme anti-aerodynamic boxed shape of the xB, you can still score low 30's in MPG... Without Velocity Tuner, of course.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
HunterGreen said:
sub3marathonman said:
At least we both can look down on those guys at the equator. Their bathtubs and toilets don't spin at all. Or is that just an urban myth???
Actually, the whole thing is a myth. The coriolis force is nowhere near enough to affect your sink or tub even at very high latitudes.
Actually it's the corollas affect that causes the rotation. Small, effecient subcompacts tend to commute in a clockwise direction in the norther hemispere. I was a scions major, so I should know.

·
Registered
52 Posts

Seven7 said:
LeMangelo said:

Apparently the Scion has the Prius engine in it and with the extreme anti-aerodynamic boxed shape of the xB, you can still score low 30's in MPG... Without Velocity Tuner, of course.
or you can pretend that you have a prius and get 45 mpg like me.

http://www.cleanmpg.com/index.php?page= ... philmcneal

http://www.greenhybrid.com/compare/mile ... /1505.html

http://www.gassavers.org/garage.php?do=view&id=30

I like to believe driving style plays a huge role in mileage, at least half or more before it starts to matter what kind of car one drives.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Hep said:
Actually it's the corollas affect that causes the rotation. Small, effecient subcompacts tend to commute in a clockwise direction in the northern hemispere. I was a scions major, so I should know.
I think I speak for everyone when I say " :roll: "

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.