Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I backed up into a Lincoln Town Car in a parking lot. He had backed out of a space and stopped behind me. I hit his front bumper with the right rear bumper of my 2005 Prius. I would estimate the speed as 3 miles per hour. The corner of the bumper is significantly dented. The paint on the bumper is scraped and scratched. The Lincoln suffered absolutely no damage.
I will report the repair estimate when available.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Well, an 04 Camry rear-ended my Saturn at maybe 30-45MPH. My Saturn was totaled, his Camry got a hardly noticable scratch. Then again, he should have had the syrofoam behind the bumper checked.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Accident damage

It is amazing how much better certain vehicles seem to come out of accidents. The worst case I ever personally witnessed (the aftermath, not the accident) was a suburban and a mini-truck. The mini-truck was literally ripped in half (although I'm assuming the bed was ripped off the frame and thrown through the air, but that the frame itself was NOT ripped in half). The suburban was beat-up but still drivable - the damage hadn't even reached the radiator. Kind of scary.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Wow, I got lotsa scratches on my car already :( I blame construction and the stupid rocks that get thrown up by other cars or my own wheel (that didn't get caught by the mudguard)

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Tadashi said:
KTPhil said:
Why not go out to your driveway with key in hand and get it over with? ;-)
uumm What are key? /rubs transponder back and forth across side of car
inside of your transponder fob is a metallic key, that'll get you into the driver's door should the battery in your keyfob die (and you don't have SE&SS/SKS), or your Prius' 12v battery be flat...

·
Registered
1,560 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Astrowoman said:
SUM(U)=WISE_GUYS

I'm still dreading my first scratch.
Park it here in Florida during the next hurricane! Hurricane Charley threw a tree at mine, but luckily, Charley had bad aim...only nicked the passenger door.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Astrowoman said:
I'm still dreading my first scratch.
I hear ya! I wash it every weekend.. nothing yet, but I only have 300 miles.

But everyday its in a high school parking lot.... Parked in the middle of no where.. Hopefully it pays off.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
"rubs transponder back and forth across side of car"

No, my Prius is female, not male. The fob only goes into the slot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update. damage report

The rear bumper has to be replaced. Estimate is $606.00 as long as the styrofoam is not damaged. This is a 2 or 3 MPH tap on the bumper.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts