Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this the other day...

When I set an event on the prius calendar, it lets me choose what color I want the day on the calendar to be displayed. I can choose the color for the number of the day and the color for a little dot that appears next to the number (you probably won't know what i'm talking about if you haven't spent much time with it).

Well.... When I went to set both the date number and the dot to red, the dot comes out orange.. Very minor programing error but I thought i'd share it with you anyways.

And another thing.. When you turn down the little nob under the left side of the steering wheel and turn on the lights, 3 things dim:

1. The display screen
2. The speedometer
3. The airbag light text on the far right side of the dash

Here's what bugs me.. When you don't turn that little nob down and keep it up all the way and turn on the lights, the airbag text still dims. Nothing else does, just the airbag light.

These are probably the only 2 things that bug me about my prius. Minor things, but they still bug... Like when you get a fly in the car that wont come out

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I like that feature. Since most of us drive our cars every day, it can remind us of things we might forget, like birthdays, anniversaries, upcoming trips, getting milk, etc. Only problem is, the alerts won't show up unless you have been through the I Agree screen for your current trip. At least it is this way for 2004/2005, might have changed for 2006.

I wish they had a calculator on the screen though. And maybe a small information storage, like start/stop miles and MPG, etc.

·
Registered
74 Posts
ajmck said:
I noticed this the other day...

When I set an event on the prius calendar, it lets me choose what color I want the day on the calendar to be displayed. I can choose the color for the number of the day and the color for a little dot that appears next to the number (you probably won't know what i'm talking about if you haven't spent much time with it).

Probably programmed in UNIX ;-)

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
All right, guys & gals,

Can any of you explain just where this "mysterious" Prius calendar is that I find no mention of in my owner's manual (for my '05 pkg#4)?? I can't seem to find it on any of my screens either. I take it since ajmck has an '06 Pkg#8 & Dan talks about the "I agree" screen for the '04/'05, that the calendar is only to be found in "Navigation" equipped cars. I tend to believe this is so, because to enter a date or event in a calendar, you need somethig interactive (like the Nav system is) for entering a destination or points of interest (we're just ADJUST'G pre-exist'g settings of the climate control, audio, & display colors through the MFD---NO real interaction there for non-Nav cars!) Is this correct & is there a separate "Navigation Unit" manual for the cars with the Nav Pkg?? I'm not aware because I don't have Nav & I don't know anyone personally who does.

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
All of this just confirms my belief & opinion that for safer driving we might need a national law that all display/navigation screens go blank when the vehicle is in motion. This could be a dangerous distraction....

Calendars, maps, navigation, calculators, phone calls, et al, only when the vehicle is stopped. Just a safety thought.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
If you know how to get there through the menus you can also play Pac-Man on your Prius.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ohhh, Pac Man...

Would be nice if I could sych via BT my PDA with the car calendar. Otherwise, I just don't find it very useful. Even the service remiders, you set for a certain mileage out, instead of at what mileage you want them to pop up. Weird to me.

But yes, if you were a forgetfull sort of fellow, you could set it to remind you on your wife's birthday or your anniversary so you remember to get flowers or what ever on the way home.

Spike

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
:wink:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hep said:
If you know how to get there through the menus you can also play Pac-Man on your Prius.
Really ... or a joke? Please tell how.

An04Prius said:
All of this just confirms my belief that for safe driving we need a national law that all display/navigation screens go blank when the vehicle is in motion.
No point having a navi that only works when you are stopped. Start from LA going to SF and end up in Canada as no guidence would be given.

As I type the TV is showing a Prius self parking. Of course they complained it doesnt detect obsticals whilst parking, dog, child post etc. But it has to be said the system is not supported by radar and you only tell the car where to park. Its an assistant not a fully automated all singing and dancing gizmo. :roll:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
[Victor] No point having a navi that only works when you are stopped. Start from LA going to SF and end up in Canada as no guidence would be given.
[/quote]

One could ck directions, etc, when you pull over in a rest area, for gas, to eat, etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.