Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading a lot of threads on this forum about audio connectivity of ipods and such on the '05 prius and such products that VAIS technology offers for such connectivity. However what I am concerned with is that all of these products hook up to the CD changer input of the audio unit and on the '05 Package #3 prius there is no cd changer button or anything like this and I was wondering if there is the connectivity on the package 3 prius for such a setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

(btw i wasn't sure to post in Q&A or technical so i hit em both up)

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Both the regular audio system that you have, and the JBL system have a hookup on them that allows another audio input. The XM and Sirius radio upgrades use this facility and allow full functionality of the MFD and steering wheel buttons in manipulating the radio.

If you have the dealer installed cd changer there may be a complication, however I want to say I've read that somebody has done this upgrade successfully. I know that XM and Sirius all use the AM band button to cycle through am and then sat 1,2,3. Not sure if that would be the case fo an Ipod adapter. Hopefully that is.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
The mode button would let you toggle through the various input devices. The CD button would let you scroll through the CD and CD like devices.
The AM button lets you scroll through the satelite devices.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts