Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading a lot of threads on this forum about audio connectivity of ipods and such on the '05 prius and such products that VAIS technology offers for such connectivity. However what I am concerned with is that all of these products hook up to the CD changer input of the audio unit and on the '05 Package #3 prius there is no cd changer button or anything like this and I was wondering if there is the connectivity on the package 3 prius for such a setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
93 Posts
flomid said:
I was just reading a lot of threads on this forum about audio connectivity of ipods and such on the '05 prius and such products that VAIS technology offers for such connectivity. However what I am concerned with is that all of these products hook up to the CD changer input of the audio unit and on the '05 Package #3 prius there is no cd changer button or anything like this and I was wondering if there is the connectivity on the package 3 prius for such a setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I have a 05 package 4, so I have the same radio. When you add a CD/MD Changer, XM or Sirius and select the mode button on the stereo, it will simply appear. There isn't a specific button for the changer, though that would be nice than having to cycle through all the options to get to the changer.

This acts the same as the CD on the radio. If there is no CD in, the player won't show up as an option. Put one in and it does.

Bob

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
flomid,

You double posted your inquiry in Q&A and Technical. Just a friendly reminder that it only needs to be posted in one place. It helps to keep the forums clean, keeps conversations from being duplicated.

Most of us watch all the forums and chime in when we have something to add. So, no need to double post is necessary. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jeromep said:
flomid,

You double posted your inquiry in Q&A and Technical. Just a friendly reminder that it only needs to be posted in one place. It helps to keep the forums clean, keeps conversations from being duplicated.

Most of us watch all the forums and chime in when we have something to add. So, no need to double post is necessary. :)
Yea, i realized that and i wasn't sure which one to post it in, sorry bout that. but seing as how my question was answered, i am interested in upgrading the speakers in my package 3 and i was wondering if i could get some advice on what to put in (i have no previous knowledge of car stereos, but good knowledge of sound and acoustics etc.). Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts