Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a '08 Prius at work - company car - standard everything - and over time I avg 44 mpg. I drive a '09 Prius at home - standard everything - and over time I avg 42 mpg. Why? The cars are standard w/ factory tires. My wife also drives our private vehicle and other people at work drive the company car. Still I have noted a consistent difference in my mileage when I am driving on very similar roads. Why the difference? Do some get better mileage. Does the on-board computer vary from one car to another?

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Hey, sea man,

Are you very sure about similar roads (do you mean the exact same roads?)? What about surrounding terrain & road speeds---also the same? I bet the tire pressure is different in your work car from your own car. That could be the difference right there. Even one soft tire could really make a difference (and you may not even notice a soft tire by eye any more by the way today's radial tires look).

By the way, since you are talking about 2 Priuses here, I don't think this post belongs in the Honda Civic topic, but I don't know how or have the permissions to move it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I am in the wrong section. But to answer, no not exact same roads but very much the same. My tires are the right pressure but I do not always check the company car

1 - 3 of 3 Posts