Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 2008 prius, driving this afternoon the AC quit working then both the master warning light and malfunction indicator came on. i turned around and came straight home. I have never had issues with this car. I am going to call the dealership first thing in the am, but after reading several posts, I don't see anything that matches what I have experienced.
can anyone shed any light? thanks

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I may be the failure of your inverter coolant pump. There is a recall on the pump (04-07), but maybe you also have a bad one. You can check to see if it's working by placing the car in READY and looking in the inverter coolant reservoir to see if there is turbulence. If there is no movement, the pump has failed and you should not drive the car very far or you could damage the inverter ($$$$).

·
Registered
1 Posts
jlprewett said:
have a 2008 prius, driving this afternoon the AC quit working then both the master warning light and malfunction indicator came on. i turned around and came straight home. I have never had issues with this car. I am going to call the dealership first thing in the am, but after reading several posts, I don't see anything that matches what I have experienced.
can anyone shed any light? thanks

HELLO jlprewett, I ALSO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY CAR..INVERTER PUMP WORKS ..I HAVE 2 CODES P0A08 DC/DC INVERTER AND P3108 LOST COMMUNICATION WITH A/C SYSTEM CONTROL MODULE..

DID YOU FINED YOUR PROBLEM?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts