Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an import white mark 1 Prius which has been beautifully looked after! Where can I purchase a 1999 wiring diagram? What can I do with a functional Japanese satnav which always reads Japanese time as I live in the UK? I tried the English DVD or ROM to no avail.
Last winter I left it with the small battery disconnected for 6 months and it started fine. The main batteries showed almost the same amount of charge. Any answers would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
425 Posts
pguest said:
I have an import white mark 1 Prius which has been beautifully looked after! Where can I purchase a 1999 wiring diagram? What can I do with a functional Japanese satnav which always reads Japanese time as I live in the UK? I tried the English DVD or ROM to no avail.
Last winter I left it with the small battery disconnected for 6 months and it started fine. The main batteries showed almost the same amount of charge. Any answers would be much appreciated.
Why not try to get an english sat nav from a scrapyard or perhaps ebay? You could ask a friendly MRT to ask around as well. Likewise for the wiring diagram, you could ask for an old copy of the workshop CD.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
changing sat navs

Thanks Victor, but I fear it may be more complicated than we think to change the sat nav as those who import Toyota Soarers have found. I think the screens are different the japanese one being NTSC and the european PAL? Some experts have said ignore it and purchase a hand held. I wonder if anyone has solved this problem. Incidentally,I had a reply though from Australian Denso who said the japanese sat nav system should respond to the Australian disk version 10 so this may help those in Aus.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts