Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After driving past over a gravelly patch of road earlier today, my 2010 Prius's malfunction indicator lamp, master warning light, slip indicator, and brake system warning light turned on. I'm not sure if driving over the bumpy road is what caused the warning lights to come on, but I thought I should mention it. I was still able to drive my car 10 miles to get home.

Has this happened to anyone before? I've googled similar problems to mine, and people have mentioned a bunch of things ranging from checking the fuel tank cap, low brake fluid levels, coolant valve problem, inverter water pump, or a problem with the ground fault monitor. Their warning lights didn't all match up with mine, however.

Does anyone have any guesses as to what's going on? I plan on taking my car to a nearby Toyota dealer tomorrow, but I'm scared they'll try to take advantage of me and overcharge a few thousand.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
for anyone else reading this & experiencing similar problems, i found out from my mechanic today that it was a problem with the voltage inverter. it's covered under extended warranty for 15 years. hope this was helpful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts